CurlTalk

I have the urge to straighten

I may be heading to a beauty supply store tomorrow spending tons is not an option..
So I need a comb for my blow dryer...and a flat iron...any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.

Comments

• drummerswife24drummerswife24 Posts: 27Registered Users
    I may be heading to a beauty supply store tomorrow spending tons is not an option..
    So I need a comb for my blow dryer...and a flat iron...any suggestions?

The Amika ceramic flat iron is really good, but expensive. I personally suggest you get a dominican blowout. I got mine done last night and it looks great. They always do a good job. I like it better than blowdrying and flat ironing. And it was only $30.
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Wow....really? What do they use? I don't want plastered to my head straight...it makes my head look big...lol

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,470Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    You might want to apply some heat protectant before you run the iron through it—just to prevent some damage.

Hope you love your new look!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Yeah...I'll definitely use heat protectant first...now that it's shorter it won't take anywhere near as long.

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I have no flat iron or blowdrying suggestions, but I just figured I'd pipe in to say...NOOOO! Ha ha! I love your curls! You give me hair envy! So I'd say keep the curls! ;)

But I totally get what you're saying about wanting a little change. Hope you get some great recs, and good luck!! :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
    I have no flat iron or blowdrying suggestions, but I just figured I'd pipe in to say...NOOOO! Ha ha! I love your curls! You give me hair envy! So I'd say keep the curls! ;)

But I totally get what you're saying about wanting a little change. Hope you get some great recs, and good luck!! :)

Lol...thanks. I love them too...I do just need a change...I talked to my hairdresser and she steered me away from the comb attachment and told me to use a flat brush instead...I guess so the heat isn't so close to my hair..I actually just bought a mini ceramic flat iron...I can't see spending tons when I probably won't use it much and also I don't want it poker straight...I need volume and body

So the straightening worked out...probably a little more body for most of u...but I used to just put it back in a scrunchi for a while and let it rest...when I took it out it was nice and wavy...so beings I like it...I'm gonna need to get some serious heat protectant. And how often can it be done without causing real damage?