CurlTalk

Survivor 24: One World **Possible Spoilers**

missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
Starting in 12 days! Feb 15. The SO says: I'M NOT WATCHING IT!! but he'll watch it with me. I have no doubts. It definitely looks exciting/interesting.
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair

Comments

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    Oh. My. God.
    Alicia: Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I’ll make good TV.
    AND
    Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: People will underestimate me because of my good looks...
    Ehhh ok, sure, whatever you say. (I don't think there's much going on upstairs)

At first glance, I'm liking Kourtney, Monica, and Sabrina. I wanted to go with Troy but yeaaaa... not gonna happen.

It could change, they may be very different in person, we'll see.
    Southern Colorado Curly
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I like the idea of them being in teams but at same location.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    Why doesn't SO want to watch it? I think it will be a good season, at least they're changing a little bit and got rid of that stupid Redemption Island stuff.

Glad you started this thread! See ya on 2/15! :mrgreen:

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    He gets fed up with things pretty easily. Since they've switched it up quite a bit I'm sure he'll be interested in it once he starts watching.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    B sort of watches this and TAR. But he does not pay attention fully and then will be asking me questions!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    Yay I finally was able to schedule it on the DVR!
    Southern Colorado Curly
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    When does TAR start? I want to try to schedule my dvr online right now, while I can still remember.
    Sunday the 19th
    Southern Colorado Curly
    missbanjo wrote: »
    Sunday the 19th

Thanks! I was able to schedule Survivor, but not TAR. The schedule goes up to the 12th. Grrrr. I hope I don't forget.
    I've had them written on our whiteboard on the fridge for a week so I don't forget. :happy6:
    Southern Colorado Curly
    It has begun!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
    Central Massachusetts

• roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    Poor Kourtney, that broken arm looked bad!

Colton, I don't think even an immunity idol can keep you safe for long.

Alicia, somebody needs to put that girl in line. She's a special education teacher? She's a bit of a bully so I hope she sets a better example for her students.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    I had pretty much the same thoughts Roseannadana.

My final thoughts on the first show was holy crap ladies, you need to get it together! I know there's always the big fear that if you step up and take the lead you'll be on the chopping block quickly. I don't think Alicia has heard of that, eh, we'll see. Some of the women have obviously formed an alliance they need to get their group together and start running things or they'll fall apart quickly.

The SO walked out of the room as soon as Colton started talking after they'd been divided. Apparently he'd seen enough.
    Southern Colorado Curly
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Did you see how many of them didn't follow the directions to cross your arms to your chest and fall on your back? My dh called it at the beginning that someone would break their arm.

Kourtney's wrist looked so painful. Looks like she was going into shock. Glad Jeff noticed it and stopped the competition.
    I know! And Jeff kept telling them and kept telling them even before Kourtney jumped. Then he told them more after she jumped. I don't think I saw one person keep their arms in.

I still have it on the DVR, I'm thinking about watching it again tonight. I was distracted, mostly by the SO making his announcements and comments. I think he wanted attention. :-?
    Southern Colorado Curly
    I noticed the same thing. I'm not sure why the majority didn't follow instructions. It must be instinctive to put your hands out to break your fall.
    I am sorry but if I were the guys I would not let the woman use the fire/heat. But the woman finally pulled out a win. Some other observations:

Bill acted crazy!
    Not sad to see Matt go.
    Sabrina rocked the puzzle.

Central Massachusetts

• fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    colton is such a queen!
    LOL, isn't he though (Colton)? The fact that they got rid of Matt: YES!!!! Happy to see some brains in the outfit! I wouldn't have shared the fire either. Although the women should have offered to trade the canoe/gear for the men's shelter if they wanted it so badly. The men seemed pretty keen on the canoe so might be worth a shot. :dontknow:
    Southern Colorado Curly
    frau wrote: »
    colton is such a queen!

A racist queen. Yeah, I said it.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    he's not racist, he's just a btchy gay queen!
    a lot of gay men are mean.
    frau wrote: »
    he's not racist, he's just a btchy gay queen!
    a lot of gay men are mean.

That hasn't been my experience.

With regard to Colton, I picked up on a particular disdain for Bill and gave him some serious side eye when he used the word ghetto. I don't like it when a POC uses the word ghetto and I definitely don't like it when a white person uses it. I mean really, why be so hateful? As a gay man, he should be more tolerant, because he is also part of an oppressed group.

Anyway, I'm not giving Colton a pass for being a gay man.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    WTF is going on on Survivor????? I'm sitting here watching this and thinking........what?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    Colton annoys me. He is mean and acts so immature.

Central Massachusetts

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

xcptnl wrote: »
    Colton annoys me. He is mean and acts so immature.

He's really horrible. SMDH

Classist, egregious, racist, and provincial.

Vote Colton!!!

Central Massachusetts

He is a brat. OMG!!!

Central Massachusetts

Wow, those people are wrong for that. I'm just in shock.

(This is my first episode of the season.)

How did he go from someone who was somewhat likable on the 1st shows to this??

So do you all think this will come back to bite this tribe in the a**?

Central Massachusetts