We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Twist outs

kendallt05kendallt05 Posts: 16Registered Users
Does anyone know how to do them and get them to stay put without unraveling? I love the look but mine always unravel. Do I need to put something on the ends? I would like to do a twist out.

Comments

• IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users
    I think this thread might help: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/74864-twist-out-3b-long-hair-layers-updated.html
    You'll probably need an elastic on the end - maybe those silicone (clear) ones they sell in packets of 10,000 (okay, maybe fewer) because they become invisible when you put them down. Hair which doesn't have a determined curl won't hold them in place on their own.

If you succeed, we want to see PICS!!!
  • hookilauhookilau Posts: 269Registered Users
    Hmmm...I don't know if a twist out on 2 hair would work as well as it does with 3 and up hair. Why don't you try bantu knots. How to Create Bantu Knots & Bantu Knot-Outs | Perfect Locks Hair Blog

These will likely give you the results you desire. I've tried twist outs but my hair is too fine and there's not enough texture for the strands to grab on to each other so it was an epic fail :angry3:

Buuuut...bantu knots are great if you're not planning on sleeping in them (I can't) and DON'T brush them out. Simply finger curl and go :occasion5: Good luck and post pics if you try them!
    Following CG
    fine, medium-low density :confused5:
    protein loving, porous, elasticity ?

Co-wash: Tresemme Perfectly Undone
    LI/RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Stylers: KCCC, AG recoil, CurlKeeper, As I am curling pudding
    Protein treatments: Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, and Colorful neutral protein filler

Loves: aloe, glycerin & polyquats even in neg dews
    :happy3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file