I Don't Think Full CG is for Me!

dweamgoildweamgoil Registered Users Posts: 23
I tried and by this afternoon, it was a coated, nasty mess with very limp lifeless curls, although at the roots it was fine...go figure. I tried co-washing with the Suave Coconut, and find it's too heavy for me. I had to wash it twice tonight with KC's Come Clean just to get out the Eco Styler gel I put in it on Sunday. I did finish up with the Suave Coconut, but I diluted it with some water and rinsed until I felt minimal slip.

Guess I really needed that because now it's bouncy and curly again. I used my regular tried and true products and got much better results. Then, again, I have that kind of hair that gets easily weighed down, but I can't do gels. It does strange things to my hair...not pretty, trust me.

So, I guess the verdict is modified CG for me. I will be doing one wash with the diluted version of the conditioner and the other with the low poo. My hair has spoken to me and the message is loud and clear!

DweamGoiL

2C / f / iii - medium to high porosity
(started modified CG on 01/23/2012)

Wash
Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume (for CO Wash)
Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo (once per month)

Styling
Monoi oil (leave in)
La Coupe Orgnx Curling Mousse at roots for lift
DevaCurl Angel or Joico Curl Activator
Dove Extra Hold Hairspray with natural movement to finish

Refreshing
Homemade Sea Salt Spray as a curl activator for 2nd and 3rd day hair

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I know a lot of people like the Suave Coconut, but I tried it twice and hated it. I either stick to cleansing conditioners like Deva Curl No Poo or Curl Junkie Daily Fix, or I use a super light conditioner (Tresemme Naturals- Radiant Volume or Kinky Curly Knot Today both work well for me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • dweamgoildweamgoil Registered Users Posts: 23
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people like the Suave Coconut, but I tried it twice and hated it. I either stick to cleansing conditioners like Deva Curl No Poo or Curl Junkie Daily Fix, or I use a super light conditioner (Tresemme Naturals- Radiant Volume or Kinky Curly Knot Today both work well for me).

Hmmm...I have the KCKT, maybe I'll try it, but it's kind of expensive to use to co-wash on a regular basis. I will keep the Tresemme in mind for when I run out of the Suave. For now, I'll just dilute it and use it on my youngest daughter's hair. Her hair seems to love it.

DweamGoiL

2C / f / iii - medium to high porosity
    (started modified CG on 01/23/2012)

Wash
    Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume (for CO Wash)
    Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo (once per month)

Styling
    Monoi oil (leave in)
    La Coupe Orgnx Curling Mousse at roots for lift
    DevaCurl Angel or Joico Curl Activator
    Dove Extra Hold Hairspray with natural movement to finish

Refreshing
    Homemade Sea Salt Spray as a curl activator for 2nd and 3rd day hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file