Please help! elasticity/porosity test not working

Please help! I know this has been explained a zillion times, but the density and elasticity tests aren't working for me. For elasticity, it says to stretch a wet hair or two and see how much it expands, but I can't tell how much it is stretching before it breaks. is there an easier way? For porosity, I don't really know if my hair takes a long time to dry or how it soaks up products. What's a long time? The only thing I do know is that the Robert Craig color I use does tend to fade out after three weeks. I tried the hair in a bowl of water, but my hair is very long, and half of it sank to the bottom after 3 minutes and the other half stayed on top, so I have no idea what it is!

HELP!

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    IMHO the float test is bunk. My hair is porous and it floated for days.

Drying times are without conditioner and gel. These can add hours to drying time. FSG + BRHG add several hours to my drying time.

A long time to dry is like most of the day. A short time is an hour or two. At least that is the gist I get from reading posts.
    If you are having a hard time grabbing your hair, you can take some shed strands and sort of twist/ball them together a bit and then try pulling. Stretching 1/3 of the length and then returning to its original shape is normal.

If your hair color fades in three weeks, it sounds like you have porous hair. This is a pretty good indicator (Unless your hair is dyed red. Reds seem to fade quickly.)
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • CurlycarolineCurlycaroline Posts: 60Registered Users
    THANK YOU for the response!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file