My first twist out !!!!

allnaturalchickallnaturalchick Registered Users Posts: 201
I must be crazy but the only way I could get a decent twist out was with dry no gel hair.... When wet my hair is to thin but when dry is super super thick

Comments

• allnaturalchickallnaturalchick Registered Users Posts: 201
    62c92509-a2e3-fd65.jpg
    62c92509-a32d-7d52.jpg
  • msmaybellmsmaybell Registered Users Posts: 24
    Looks great! :0)
    Thanks
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    Very pretty! :color:

I am starting to experiment a little with dry/damp twisting and I definitely have better results that way than doing them soaking wet.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
    I have to re twist to get second day hair. After 5 months I'm finally going to a salon to get some help with this hair. This site is very helpful
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

I am starting to experiment a little with dry/damp twisting and I definitely have better results that way than doing them soaking wet.

After a wash i always let my hair dry some before twisting. Twists wouldnt hold for me in soaking wet hair.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • puppitypuppuppitypup Registered Users Posts: 115
    Your hair is so beautiful! I absolutely love it. Too cute!!! :)
    3C, fine/med texture, normal porosity, high elasticity, very defined spiral

Holy Grail Products: TRESemme Naturals conditioner, my mango/shea butter mixture, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, EVOO & Cantu Shea Butter

Check out my blog: http://ricciolina.wordpress.com
  • pinkkpearlspinkkpearls Registered Users Posts: 17
    Its very well defined..it looks good. I really like doing twist outs on dry hair too. My hair be lookin real limp when I do a bad twist out when it's wet so I feel you. :/

Sent from my iPad using CurlTalk
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    adthomas wrote: »

After a wash i always let my hair dry some before twisting. Twists wouldnt hold for me in soaking wet hair.

Yeah, I can't do twists at all unless there's a curler on the ends. I've done two-strand flat twist n curls twice this week and they came out really nice. Both times it was on dry hair using just a moisturizer. If anything I just lightly wet the ends where the curler goes and maybe spray 2-3 spritzes of water on the crown after I've put the twists in. I leave this in overnight and undo in the AM.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    adthomas wrote: »

Yeah, I can't do twists at all unless there's a curler on the ends. I've done two-strand flat twist n curls twice this week and they came out really nice. Both times it was on dry hair using just a moisturizer. If anything I just lightly wet the ends where the curler goes and maybe spray 2-3 spritzes of water on the crown after I've put the twists in. I leave this in overnight and undo in the AM.

I like to hold the ends of the twists between my fingers and run rat tail over it. Curl up like ribbon and helps hold. I have to use heavy product on my ends like butter or gel.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    Thanks for the great tips !!!
  • CurlyCoilyMeCurlyCoilyMe Registered Users Posts: 130
    It looks really great!
    Thanks ... Apparently it was a fluke cuz I can not seem to get this look again
  • tots5678tots5678 Registered Users Posts: 472
    Very pretty!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file