sulfate free shampoo vs ACV

Heyy

I got a few short questions

Um which one would clean my hair better sulfate free shampoo or ACV
Yesterday I did a protein treatment and hot oil treatment and I wash the oil treatment out with ACV and this day two and my hair feel greasy

Can the greasy period start this early ??

Comments

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, the greasy period could start on day 1, but reading your first day CG post, I'm guessing this isn't simply early stage greasiness. You said you did a protein treatment, hot oil treatment, ACV rinse, cowash with V05, condition with Aubrey, a leave in conditioner, and Shea Moisture style milk, plus a bit of Aubrey. That's a huge dose of moisture, probably too much for all in one day.

ACV is fairly mild as far as cleansers go. If you're feeling super greasy, you might want to jump directly to a low poo. Or you can always start with an ACV rinse and move to a low poo if you feel like the ACV didn't do enough.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • *M!x*Ch!ck**M!x*Ch!ck* Posts: 154Registered Users
    I felt like ACV was good I did feel that my scalp was clean just the body and the ends are very greasy
    Is it bc I did the proteint treatment and the hot oil treatment?
    When I did the portent treatment my hair felt very soft I just thought since my hair always dry no matter wat

So when I kno iam just going to be laying around the house just chilling for a few days should I just do treatment and alil leave in or nun

I really don't want to use shampoo cause I don't want to dry my hair I hate it and Dnt miss the feeling
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Is it bc I did the proteint treatment and the hot oil treatment?
    I'd point the finger at the products added in after your protein treatment, hot oil treatment, and ACV rinse before I'd necessarily assume it was the deep treatment's fault. This is sort of a loose analogy, but it's what I'm coming up with on short notice... Normal haircare routine = keeping your nails trimmed, washing your hands and moisturizing if they feel dry (basic care sort of activities), protein and hot oil treatments = getting a manicure (some extra tlc). The day of your manicure you don't add extra polish or do extra pumicing, you just stay away from things that would mess it up. Make any sense?
    When I did the portent treatment my hair felt very soft I just thought since my hair always dry no matter wat

So when I kno iam just going to be laying around the house just chilling for a few days should I just do treatment and alil leave in or nun

A lot of figuring out what your hair wants is trial and error and experience with it over time, how it feels when you do this or that. You probably didn't need all the after treatments conditioner and leave ins this time, and you might or might not next time you deep treat. If your hair felt better (softer and/or silky and moisturized) after your protein treatment, then it definitely needed a hit of protein. If it didn't feel the least bit dry afterward, you may not have needed a hot oil treatment. You could perhaps have used a little V05 (light conditioner) or Aubrey as a rinse out instead. After your hot oil treatment and acv rinse, if it felt even better, it was probably a good place to stop. Maybe add a styler (mousse, gel, or curl cream) or possibly a sealer to maintain all that good moisture. Remember if your hair feels dry later, you can always add some moisture.

How often you should deep treat depends on the condition of your hair. Deep treatments give some extra oomph to your hair, but aren't a substitute for a good daily routine. I've maybe done deep moisture twice in 3 months CG, but looking back I wish I'd done more protein treatments. When my hair needs protein, I get no root curl, it's limp, it breaks, it feels mushy, and when it's wet it stretches like crazy. Hair with too much protein and in need of moisture will often feel dry, crunchy or like straw, and it can also be less curly. If I haven't mentioned these before, redcelticcurly has a good blog post (with pics) on Protein vs Moisture « Pittsburgh Curly and the linked article is also fantastic for evaluating whether your hair needs deep moisture or protein.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    For me, conditioner removes oil better than shampoo or baking soda. I either coat conditioner on dry or wet hair, then scrub the scalp, leave it on for at least 15 minutes, do my regulat shower, or jusy wear a shower cap, and do whatever, (cleaning, read, tv) then rinse. And if you want, do another cowash. I usually get all the oil out on the first try.
  • KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    I heard that acv rinses don't really clarify, just seals the cuticles and adds shine.. That's why people usually use a baking soda rinse beforehand to clean..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file