Advice about limp curls??

For about 2/3 months I have had extremely limp curls (basically straight) pieces at the top of my head-front, sides, and back. Underneath is curly and the root and tips have a curl...but a few inches in between are straight. I just started using sulfate-free shampoo to help, I've tried a protein treatment, hot oil treatment, multiple deep con treatments, got it cut, lowered the heat on my flat iron. I don't know if its the cold weather, the products I use (I've tried diff gels and mouse), the way I style (plop, diffuse method) or what but the ONLY way they seem to curl is with a curling iron. Not only does it take longer to get ready, but its more heat and not the exact style I'm used to and like. My stylist said my hair doesn't even seem heat damaged. I CAN NOT figure this out. Is there ANY advice out there? A routine you can suggest? Products that can fix this? I would really appreciate any help I can get!! Thank you!!!! :confused:

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    First thing you need to do is determine your hair properties. Here's a link to help: Live Curly Live Free - Home Once you determine your hair properties, look for folks with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures) and do. It's a good place to start.

You don't list the products you do use and you're still using heat. IMHO, no matter what your stylist says--it makes a difference.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gittystar19gittystar19 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you for the link.

I think I learned that my top layer is fine which is new for me. I did some research and am going to continue doing PTs and DTs. I'll probably be buying Curl Junkie repair me...this might be what my hair needs. At least as a temporary fix.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file