I ain't finna do all that!

KinkyBootsKinkyBoots Registered Users Posts: 110
Taken from a natural-hair group on Facebook:

Ladies, ever read or heard something about how to care for your hair & thought,"I ain't finna do all of dat?" What was it? :lol:
Last Relaxer: December 2010
Big Chop: February 2011

event.png

Comments

• Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    Shingling. erm.gif On my dense hair? Yes, because I do have days to spare...
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Registered Users Posts: 2,320 Curl Neophyte
    pretty much everything y'all do.

i don't even deep condition.
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Steaming.
    Finger Detangling.
    Leave-in underneath a styler underneath a finisher. What the heck is a finisher anyway? I thought I was finished when I styled my hair.
    Washing my hair in braids or twists.
  • LanishaLanisha Registered Users Posts: 467 Curl Neophyte
    Homemade dc's
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955

Lol. I never ever deep conditioned when I was relaxed and only did it towards the very end of my permed days bc I was experiencing some breakage and my hair dresser suggested it.

I get irritated now when I think of her bc she charged me sooo much for those weekly treatments and I now DT every week w/coconut oil and my hair has never been better. Hair dresser's are wack! Sorry I was venting! Lol

Anyway I think I will never do this when I see people talking ab doing henna treatments. I'm like child I don't have the time, nor the patience to be doing all that mess. Plus it looks like it can be a mess (literally to deal with). I will stick with my tried and true reggie thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    Shingling
    Detangling for four hours
    Keeping my hair stretched (When I wash and go, I wash, (apply products), and GO. I don't have time to let my hair dry in braids or banded to stretch it.)
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe I'm impatient but I don't have the time or desire to do the following things:

Shingling
    Finger detangling

And the one that I REALLY don't understand...the search and destroy method of trimming your hair. Who the phuck has time to sit down and look at every got dayum strand of hair to check it for a split end and then snip it?!?!?!?
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MrsBacheminMrsBachemin Registered Users Posts: 128
    Maybe I'm impatient but I don't have the time or desire to do the following things:

Shingling
    Finger detangling

And the one that I REALLY don't understand...the search and destroy method of trimming your hair. Who the phuck has time to sit down and look at every got dayum strand of hair to check it for a split end and then snip it?!?!?!?

+1 LMAO!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    Seek and Destroy trimming: No way. Absolutely not.

Washing my hair in twists/braids--the water bill would be 2x as high because shampoo/conditioner would NEVER RINSE OUT

detangling and styling taking over 2 hours. Washing, deep conditioning and styling take me one hour total. If part of the process goes over two, I'm cutting my hair.
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • KinkyBootsKinkyBoots Registered Users Posts: 110
    2-hour protein treatments? I ain't finna do all that.

Spending umpteen hours with umpteen ingredients and turning my kitchen into a lab to make my own products? I ain't finna do all that. I'm no mixologist, I'll just go buy what works.

Henna treatment? I ain't finna do all that. Takes FOREVER if you ask me.

Mini twists? I DEFINITELY ain't finna do all that. I don't have 2 days to spend putting them things in, even if I had the length.

event.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212

This.

Blame it on the cell phone...
  • BellaAmoreBellaAmore Registered Users Posts: 253
    KinkyBoots wrote: »
    2-hour protein treatments? I ain't finna do all that.

Spending umpteen hours with umpteen ingredients and turning my kitchen into a lab to make my own products? I ain't finna do all that. I'm no mixologist, I'll just go buy what works.

Henna treatment? I ain't finna do all that. Takes FOREVER if you ask me.

Mini twists? I DEFINITELY ain't finna do all that. I don't have 2 days to spend putting them things in, even if I had the length.

+1.
    :wav::wav:
  • JFrank09JFrank09 Registered Users Posts: 129
    Greasing my scalp with coochie cream/cayenne pepper/anything out there that is supposed to promote growth. I ain't een that pressed for length.

Siri don't proofread my stuff...
    some of these die hard naturals would be SO upset to see how i do my hair.

i don't wahs in sections
    don't deep condition
    i keep my hair in a raggedy pony for DAYS at a time sometimes.
    when i "trim", i just snip the ends off of the big dookie twists that i put in my hair after washing.

idk... my hair is doing pretty well (except the very front is looking a hot mess right about now). and honestly... a lot of the naturals who do 5011 things to their hair are the sames ones w/ like 1 in of retention at the end of the year (assuming they have normal growth rate), and have some dry, crunchy mess w/ some wispy edges and ends. not much of an incentive to be all up in my head like that...

and can we talk about folks being on a site dedicated to long hair growth for almost a decade and STILL ain't reach apl yet?! :sad3:
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Registered Users Posts: 1,111
    JFrank09 wrote: »
    Greasing my scalp with coochie cream/cayenne pepper/anything out there that is supposed to promote growth. I ain't een that pressed for length.

*waves hand in vast motion over bolded* ALLLL DAT!
    wait... does it count as deep conditioning if i leave the conditioner on my hair while i take my normal shower lol? i take hot, steamy showers... if it matters.
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Registered Users Posts: 1,111
    wait... does it count as deep conditioning if i leave the conditioner on my hair while i take my normal shower lol? i take hot, steamy showers... if it matters.

I deep condition mostly out of laziness. There are some studies that show deep conditioning is a.) not neccessary and b.) any effectiveness from DC'ing has taken places within 5 minutes.
    I enjoy steaming my hair because it is relaxing. I also feel like my hair is softer with steaming, more so than DC'ing.
    and can we talk about folks being on a site dedicated to long hair growth for almost a decade and STILL ain't reach apl yet?! :sad3:
    ^^^someone take this woman's computer. LOL!

event.png
    It counts for me. I did it all the time when my hair was much shorter. Now I just use the time to detangle and chill. I'm usually watching TV while I'm doing all this, too. :lol:

event.png
    KinkyBoots wrote: »
    ^^^someone take this woman's computer. LOL!
    i'm just sayin'...
    JFrank09 wrote: »

Do I even wanna know the story behind how whomever introduced this even thought this up?

event.png
  • tbabyytbabyy Registered Users Posts: 570

i don't wahs in sections
    don't deep condition
    when i "trim", i just snip the ends off of the big dookie twists that i put in my hair after washing.

idk... my hair is doing pretty well (except the very front is looking a hot mess right about now). and honestly... a lot of the naturals who do 5011 things to their hair are the sames ones w/ like 1 in of retention at the end of the year (assuming they have normal growth rate), and have some dry, crunchy mess w/ some wispy edges and ends. not much of an incentive to be all up in my head like that...

I have been sooo lazy these last 4 months....I wash randomly. Twists and twist out/braids and braid outs..?? HAHA!!! Most of the time I just throw my hair in a puff. and I noticed my hair growing just as well if not better than before.
    b04fbffc-52c8-49d6-a7f1-77140040642d.jpg

LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY! :toothy7:
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    I admit I do a lot of this stuff because my hair has diva ways. I skipped dc one week and got cussed out. But even I draw the line at mini twists. Not about to spend two days doing my hair. I also dont wash in sections because I see no benefits compared to just shampoo your scalp method. I dont shingle or whatever that is Terri Laflesh does to set her curls. I am the twist/braidout queen.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Registered Users Posts: 2,748 Curl Novice
    I ain't finna do search and destroys, weekly DC's, monthly henna's, shingling or do a style that takes longer than 60min.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

http://www.platinumpj.com
    @PlatinumPJ
  • keepitmovin2.0keepitmovin2.0 Registered Users Posts: 653
    Keep trying a thousand products when what I have works just fine.
    Currently using:

Poo: CON Sulfate Free poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: CJAOO Daily Cond
    Styler: KCCC sparingly and Ampro Olive Oil Gel where needed
    DT: KBB Lucious Locks Mask + EVOO/Avocado
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    Keepitmoving...I like how you gonna just smooth come up in here posting like you ain't been ghost. Where the heck you been?!?!?
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte

i don't wahs in sections
    don't deep condition

When I first went natural, I was doing THE MOST to my hair, mainly because I belonged to LHCF and was in like 5 different hair "challenges." There was the DC challenge, sulfur challenge, ceramide challenge, no heat challenge, steaming challenge, bunning challenge, ayurvedic challenge, drink your hair to waist length challenge, blah blah blah.

After I got off that site, I simplified my regi SO much. Really the only thing I do now is DC once a week and all I do is slap some condish in my hurr and sleep with a plastic cap on. My steamer hasn't gotten any action since like summer, I use heat when I feel like, never put oils on my scalp to "promote growth," and stopped using ayurveda completely.
  • happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    finger detangling
    shingling
    washing hair in braids/twists (how do you get your scalp?)
    Gel
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Leigh'07Leigh'07 Registered Users Posts: 183
    Any style that takes more than 20min so no braiding, twisting, straightening. I'm too lazy for that ish

Protective styling for the purpose of length retention. I wear my hair up a lot out of pure laziness nothing more

Taking supplements.

Basically everything for hair growth.
    Steaming

Hair journals

Spending more than $20 on a product. Shoot nowadays I rarely spend more than $10

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
    hair properties: low porosity, coarse, dense and predominantly 3b I guess

current products:
    conditioner - suave professionals
    leave in - suave naturals
    stylers - shea moisture smoothie and xtreme gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file