CurlTalk

what eye makeup and/or lipstick are you wearing today?

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
so there's an uber popular thread on the non-hair board where a bunch of us show off our nail color with the name included. i know a lot of people don't want to post full face on here but let's show off our eye makeup and/or lips here. you can just zoom in on the area you want to photo and crop to the eye or lip area. you can still stay pretty anonymous.

i'll start. this isn't my eye from today but it was an eye that i really liked from a couple of weeks ago. obviously my avatar is the same sort of thing.

i had on mac goldmine, cork as my brown
a bit of mac concealer under the brow
mac spiked eyebrow pencil on my eyebrow
ardell false lashes (with dark glue
mac fluidline eyeliner on top
mac engraved pencil eyeliner on the bottom
revlon mascara
mac concealer for the undereye

wow...i lotta eye work, lol

here's a nice lip that i like. mac mahogany lip liner and bare minerals gloss in rose (i think)
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Could I just list? Does that count? I'm so glad I'm actually wearing makeup on a day there's a new thread about it.

purple felt liner eye liner on top
    navy blue mascara
    taupe under bottom lashes

orangey-peach powder blush

a mix of pink and brown lipsticks
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Could I just list? Does that count? I'm so glad I'm actually wearing makeup on a day there's a new thread about it.

purple felt liner eye liner on top
    navy blue mascara
    taupe under bottom lashes

orangey-peach powder blush

a mix of pink and brown lipsticks

yes it counts but pics make it really fun ;)
    They do, but I'm really unphotogenic. I like looking at pics of you and Phoenix in makeup better, anyway. She's an artist, and you seem to have the sort of face that wears makeup well.

I think some of it is personal style. I dress very casually, and a face full of makeup with a t-shirt and jeans and pink suede boots just doesn't quite work. At least for me, out here in the sticks. Maybe in New York or New Orleans. I don't know. I feel like some women just carry it better.

I do like fake hillbilly teeth or stick-on mustaches, though.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    vitamin e stick on my lips.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just a list because I still haven't figured out how to get a picture onto my computer and I took off all my makeup already anyhow.:toothy7:

Clinique Soft Blonde Instant Lift for Brows (I have no eyebrows - they all fell out - so I use this to paint them on instead. They cover up what's left of the tattoo I got to fake eyebrows; tattoo didn't last. The Clinique works pretty well :)

Nars concealer in Honey mixed with Nars sheer glow foundation in Deauville.

Combo L'oreal Voluminous Blackest Black mascara plus Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara - black.

Rimmel 017 set of 4 purple shadows. I just used one of the 4 to emphasize the hollow under the brow bone. No liner today.

Yves St. Laurent Rose Stiletto Lipstick with Benefit Swoonderful (sort of a glaze) on top. The YSL lipstick is very pricey but the creamy formula is to die for.

ETA forgot the lip liner: Vincent Longo: Duo Lip Pencil in Spring Rose and Roseberry. I used both sides.

I love makeup - can you tell?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    They do, but I'm really unphotogenic. I like looking at pics of you and Phoenix in makeup better, anyway. She's an artist, and you seem to have the sort of face that wears makeup well.

I think some of it is personal style. I dress very casually, and a face full of makeup with a t-shirt and jeans and pink suede boots just doesn't quite work. At least for me, out here in the sticks. Maybe in New York or New Orleans. I don't know. I feel like some women just carry it better.

i understand...but if you ever decide to share this would be a great place. i know the nail thread is really supportive and encouraging and i've learned so much. i was hoping to replicate that here with our eye and lip looks.

and thanks for the compliment! i love playing in makeup for different looks. i own probably 15 makeup books and i'm the girl that tears out pages of looks i like in magazines and tries to recreate them. i also do so freelance makeup artist work, mostly for weddings and special events, not movies or runway. it's really fun!
    I wondered if you were interested to that degree; you seem to be good at it.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users

Lies, all lies, I tell you!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    minimal make-up day, just mascara and black eyeliner.

I really need to get another black eyeliner. I accidentally bought a blackest black. It's great for my top, way too much for the bottom!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,494Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    pictures???? *snork* i don't think so!

MAC pigment in Deck Chair, eyeshadows in Remotely Grey and Magnetic Fields with Showstopper used as a liner, Teddy eye kohl. Frenzy on the lips with Fresh Air gloss. Maybelline Great Lash mascara.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    elf black liquid pen liner, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara in Blackest Black, MAC Sex Ray lipglass. I am barely making it today.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,235Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Eyeshadow is just my blush - Cover Girl Cheekers in a pinky peach shade.
    Eyeliner - Avon liquid waterproof in a dark blue shade.
    Mascara - Diorshow waterproof in black. So not worth the money. Back to my cheap Cover Girl Professional waterproof.
    Lip color - Wet N Wild lip crayon in a dark shimmery pink shade.
    On my face is BeautiControl wet/dry powder foundation and the above blush.

This is pretty much what I wear every single day.

I took pics but yuk. It's bad enough showing my stubby old lady hands in the nail polish thread but closeups of my face are just ick.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    thanks for contributing girls but no pics? if you zoom in we still can't tell who you are and you'd still be safe in your witness protection program ;)

seriously, i've learned so much in the nail thread by SEEING the nails. we're supportive around here. go ahead, take the plunge! show your eye and or lips....come on, you can do it! :)
    P., remember when I posed the question, "why does my skin shine in pictures when it doesn't shine in real life"? That's the kind of unphotogenic I mean.

Anyhoo, today I am wearing........only moisturizer! It's fargin' freezing and I may be resorting to a fleece gator over my cheeks, so no makeup for the doggies to lick off.

Ninja = Rebel. A plain-faced rebel, but still. (You know I'm kidding about the rebel part, right?)
    There are tons of pics of me at the link in my siggie so I'm not ascared of being seen on the interwebs. : ) Just don't like the closeups.
    And my makeup is not something you would ever want to do. I like a sort of basic makeup and then I can go a little crazy with hair, nails, jewelry.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    I will post pictures in the future. It's just I didn't really do anything today. I was going to just for this thread, but I had a late start this morning.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Sunscreen topped with Avon Mineral makeup in a blend of their palest 2 colors. Of course one is too light for me and one is too dark, so I have to mix them 50/50.

No eye make-up. I am just lazy.

Lips: Carmex in a tube.

No pics because no one needs to see this :laughing6:
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I'll post some pics. I'm definitely not a make-up artist.
    Eyes- Sally Girl caramel (lavender), Burgundy (purple that blends to brown), mauve (actually mauve) and MAC Nocturnelle
    The people that name sally girl shades are color blind.

Lips- Maybellene superstay 330

Funny story. Looked at my socks and picked out gray with purple. Forgot what I picked. Looked at sweaters, picked purple. Forgot what I picked. Looked at make-up, picked purple eyeshadow. After I was almost done, looked at sweater and said- whoops, matchy again. Planned on pink lips. Forgot and put on sheer purple. Guess I subconsciously wanted purple today.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpedaheh.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
    Eyeshadow is just my blush - Cover Girl Cheekers in Brick rose.
    Mascara - Diorshow waterproof in black. So not worth the money. Back to my cheap Cover Girl Professional waterproof.
    Lip color - Wet N Wild lip crayon in a deep shimmery pink.

Ok here's a pic of my eyeball. : ) Nothing really interesting.
    Everything is the same as above except for mascara which is Covergirl Exact Eyelights in Black Sapphire.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,494Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    all my stuff is MAC unless i specify otherwise:

Mineralism eye shadow all over the lid (medium silver taupe-grey)
    a touch of Nocturnelle at the outer corners
    cat-eye liner with Mystery
    Prunella kohl smudged on lower lash line
    Embraceable lustre lipstick
    Maybelline Great Lash mascara
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    MAC paint pot in Painterly as a shadow primer
    MAC eyebrows in Flirt
    Maybelline Tatoo shadow in Painted purple
    MAC vanilla shadow as a highlighter and near the tear ducts
    L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
    a thin line of MAC Saddle on bottom lash line

Lips : NYX lip gloss in French Kiss

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
    Eyeshadow is just my blush - Cover Girl Cheekers in Brick rose.
    Lip color - Wet N Wild lip crayon in a deep shimmery pink.

Ok here's a pic of my eyeball. : ) Nothing really interesting.
    Everything is the same as above except for mascara which is Covergirl Exact Eyelights in Black Sapphire.

do you have naturally long lashes or is it the mascara or both? the first thing i noticed was nice lashes!! ;)

as for me, i never noticed how much stuff i use on my eyes until i listed it out!
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    No pics for me either :iconbiggrin:.

This is my usual go-to everyday line-up that's most flattering regardless of what I'm wearing and mostly lasts pretty much until I remove it, up to 18-20 hours:
    • Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector
    • Topix Replenix All Trans Retinol Eye Repair Cream
    • SuperMatte Antishine mattifier on nose and, weirdly, browbones - Without it, even with waterproof mascara I get little spots where my lashtips touch there since my skin's so oily.
    • Lancome Effacernes concealer in Beige, as needed instead of foundation - on and off for over 20 years
    • Stila Custom Color self-adjusting blush
    • Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown - a good, neutral, taupey color in a fine-tipped automatic pencil. Fills in sparse areas as natural-looking as possible.
    • L'Oreal dark rose-colored shadow in crease and corners (limited edition breast cancer awareness set with no color names). This and the next two shadows make my hazel eyes look a lot more green
    • Victoria Jackson Pink ES set - very lightest color on browbone (barely a peachy pink, not noticeable but it brightens up my eyes and face) - used for 20 years
    • Covergirl Perfect Point Plus eye liner in Espresso - again about 20 years
    • Sonia Kushak eye shadow in a dark burgundy/raisin color smudged over the liner - the container's so worn that the name's gone
    • Maybelline Waterproof Lash Discovery Mascara in Very Black - about 10 years. Love the little brush, and it lasts very well without my oily skin smudging it or crying it off due to year-round allergies
    • Covergirl Outlast Double Lipshine in 250 Spring Wine - blotted for a natural-looking rosy/raspberry color and with regular Outlast topcoat, not the wet-looking gloss on the other end of the tube - only use that in a pinch. I've used variations of Outlast almost exclusively since it first came out at least 10 years ago because, if applied correctly, it stays put and looking just-applied until I take it off, unless I eat something really greasy. This is my ideal color because I can adjust the intensity so that it looks pretty natural without clashing with anything I wear
    I have a LOT of other stuff and brands in the rotation, but these are my HG's that I use most often, can slap on most quickly and accurately, are most reliably flattering and, so, I keep going back to.
    The ones I've used so long work better for me than similar products in other often more exclusive lines - I've tried them all and still have and sometimes use many of them.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    Balderdash eye shadow from Meow's st' patty collection
    wet n wild coloricon black black eyeliner on top
    wet n wild coloricon olive on bottom
    loreal's voluminous million lashes mascara-black

and as promised a picture
    luvmylocs wrote: »

do you have naturally long lashes or is it the mascara or both? the first thing i noticed was nice lashes!! ;)

as for me, i never noticed how much stuff i use on my eyes until i listed it out!

Thanks! My lashes are long tho not as long as they used to be. And they used to be much much thicker and darker(damn thyroid and old age). Now they are thin and look kind of invisible without mascara. Not that I ever go without mascara. I wear mascara every single day. : )

So as I said before, I wear the same makeup almost all the time. I have loved the dark pink Wet n Wild lip crayons for years and buy them in multiples on Ebay since they have been discontinued. I love the color and it lasts and lasts.
    But I've been looking for a nice red shade for a long long time. I've tried dozens of shades and brands and types. But they all seem too bright, too orange, too dark, too shimmery, too much like gloss, too thick, too drying, etc. On lunch hour I was shopping at Big Lots and saw some Revlon Colorstay Lipcolor on sale for $3.50 and decided to try one call Divine Port Wine. I really really like it. Nice color, nice texture. And since I got back from lunch I've had 2 people tell me how nice I look (has to be the lipstick since my hair, clothes, etc are all the same as usual.)!
    So ignore the ugly wrinkles and such. I look better from far away. : )
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    On my lid:

These are all shades in the UD Naked2 Pallette

-Verve on inner half
    -Suspect on rest of lid
    -Snakebite in crease
    -Bootycall as highlight

Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in Black Brown
    Ulta Kohl pencil liner in Black Brown
    CG Lashblast in Black Brown

Lips:

Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
    cympreni nice eye(s)! ;) so do you apply meow shadows wet or dry? i have some from the egyptian line and the colors are great but i'm not sure i'm applying them right, i get a lot of fallout and that bugs me because it's wasting product and messy to clean up around the eye.

jeepcurlygurl that's a nice lip color! oh and we all look better far away :)
    On my lid:

These are all shades in the UD Naked2 Pallette

-Verve on inner half
    -Suspect on rest of lid
    -Snakebite in crease
    -Bootycall as highlight

Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in Black Brown
    Ulta Kohl pencil liner in Black Brown
    CG Lashblast in Black Brown

do you like the ud naked2 palatte? is it that different than the other? do you think the colors would work on brown ski or are they pretty light? "bootycall" funny how that term is so mainstream now!
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    Lips:

Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart

I've been eyeing the lip butter. How do you like it?

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    cympreni nice eye(s)! ;) so do you apply meow shadows wet or dry? i have some from the egyptian line and the colors are great but i'm not sure i'm applying them right, i get a lot of fallout and that bugs me because it's wasting product and messy to clean up around the eye.

Thanks!

The shadow dry, for eyeliner wet. I find that blowing the excess off the brush works better than tapping. Sometimes I do both if I have a lot on my brush. I don't put much on my brush at all and just build up the color. I still get a little bit of fallout but not very much.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    Cympreni, that color really accentuates your brown eyes!

I have and like several Meow, BE, L'Oreal HIP, etc. loose powder shadows, but I tend not to use them and finally quit even buying them because they're higher "maintenance" for me - as someone else said, I'm often applying my make-up on the go and just don't have time for the mess on myself or on the car or wherever I am. It's just one more step I don't need.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett