CG girls that sometimes straighten their hair-

How does it turn out now that you do no silicones?

What products do you use instead? does it seem to affect your curls once you wash it again? If so, how long before your curls are back to normal? Does it look as clean as when you wear it curly/ would straighten it before you started CG and straightened?

I rarely straighten my hair but when I do, I do know that it doesn't turn out really smooth and straight w/ out a lot of silicone filled products. It took me a long time to find a mix of products and a method to actually get my curly hair really straight and not poofy, lol. (until the past cpl yrs, I couldn't even get a good result when I straightened no matter what I tried.)

I'm really happy so far that I have went CG there are just some things that I'm curious about. Mainly things that prevented me from starting earlier. This was one of them even though I'd only straighten it a few times a year and something I decided I would sacrifice if I had to but I'd still rather not if there's a way! :)

I'm a 3b w/ curls from the root down and my length is right at/ past bsl hair depending on how much I scrunch if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Comments

• HairObsessedHairObsessed Posts: 138Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use a heat protectant straightening spray with water soluble silicones in it. When I straighten, I also use a leave in conditioner with water soluble silicones in it. I also try to look into the weather before I straighten... Particularly since I only do it once a month or so.

I would use one without any silicones, but I can't seem to find a good one, so until then I'm just going to use what I have. It seems to work so far.

My hair is only wavy though, so it straightens rather easily, and the waves recover immediately after I wet it.
    Wave Pattern: 2A
    Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
    Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
    Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
  • gjjgjj Posts: 29Registered Users
    thanks. Your hair probably does straighten much easier than mine. Would you mind telling me what products you use when you do though? ty :)
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    I like Remane Straight from CHS...It helps straighten the hair and protects from heat...

You could also use all of your silicone products for straightening and then just wash with a cone free sulfate shampoo to clarify...If you don't do it often, you would be fine.
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file