Low pooing makes hair feel dry, normal?

So I've learned my hair likes me using a low poo every second or third time washing my hair, but when I do (I've used Everpure and Renpure in the red bottle), my hair seems dry (not as in not wet, more like as in not moisturized). It's fine after I use my rinse out, but I was wondering if that's normal. Any thoughts on if that "dry" feeling between using low poo and RO was normal for those who low poo and I just never noticed it before, or if it means I probably need something with a little more moisture? TIA
2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

http://public.fotki.com/kdawn12/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It depends on which low-poo I'm using, but yes to varying degrees. I make it a point to use a heavier RO when I low-poo to compensate. I also found that my hair needs regular low-poos to stay happy (full-time co-washing just doesn't cut it when my almost daily martial arts training leaves my hair not just damp, but dripping wet with sweat).

I can't give an opinion on the Renpure since I've only used it once, but if you can find it, DermOrganic Conditioning Shampoo seems to not dry my hair out as much as some of the others I've tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    It took me a LONG time to find a low-poo that didnt dry me out. I found a lot of lowpoos to be even more drying than sulfate poos. I found out that I need to avoid proteins in my low-poo, otherwise its just too much for my hair to handle. Mop C hydrating shampoo is great, along with DevaCurl low poo.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    It took me a LONG time to find a low-poo that didnt dry me out. I found a lot of lowpoos to be even more drying than sulfate poos. I found out that I need to avoid proteins in my low-poo, otherwise its just too much for my hair to handle. Mop C hydrating shampoo is great, along with DevaCurl low poo.

Me too! I really like the Alba shampoos and Queen Helene Royal Curl (from Whole Foods). I also just tried Giovanni 50:50 and liked it. I but had a horrible time trying to find a low poo I liked and didn't dry me out...I also have to be careful with the amount of protein...
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    most low poos do that to me too, thats y i can only wash every 3-4-5 days, depends how busy i am. ive figured out that if i wash it any more then that that it strips my hair of the oils, ive tried different ones, most of em natural ones, but they still seem to do that.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file