would you buy/use a new, unopened sunscreen that is past its expiration date?

goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
Thanks!

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • luvscurlzluvscurlz Posts: 109Registered Users
    No. That means it's no longer dependable and may not work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No, I wouldn't use it. I think the rule of thumb is to trash a s/s either 1 year after it's opened or by expiration date, whichever comes first.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I'd assume it would start to get less effective after the expiration date. So I'd totally use it, but just while being aware to check that I'm not burning and being extra sure to reapply. I'd consider throwing it out to be a waste of money. It's not like all of a sudden the expiration date passes and the sunscreen gets useless!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nope. But I'm pale and don't take any chances with sunscreen.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Nope. You shouldn't use any cosmetic/drug past it's exp. date
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote: »
    I'd assume it would start to get less effective after the expiration date. So I'd totally use it, but just while being aware to check that I'm not burning and being extra sure to reapply. I'd consider throwing it out to be a waste of money. It's not like all of a sudden the expiration date passes and the sunscreen gets useless!

That was kind of the way I was thinking but one of my friends thought I was insane for suggesting it.

I didn't buy it. I bought new with an expiration date a year from now. And feel like I got ripped off with the price difference :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file