How does a 2a/2b co-wash?

Mimee03Mimee03 Registered Users Posts: 190
HELP! I am a 2a/2b hair type. I want to start co-washing but am nervous about my thin hair looking greasy. Any advice?

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    A lot of us had this same concern when we started our CG journey (I posted a similar question right before I started CG almost 3 months ago). I know from what I've seen on the 2s forum that many wavies don't rely entirely on co-washing. Low-poo (sulfate-free shampoo) is very popular. That being said, I know that the adjustment to CG can take days, weeks or months for some people.

The best advice I can give is to listen to what your hair tells you. I would definitely go with a light conditioner for co-washing (I like KCKT and Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume, but have also read very good things about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean conditioner as a co-wash). If your feel like your hair has build-up or it feels really greasy or gunky, you can do a low-poo (Giovanni has some nice low-poos, and a lot of wavies also love Renpure Organics- red bottle). CG is more about learning to be gentle with your hair and learning what your hair does and doesn't like. It's not meant to be a set of hard and fast rules, so don't feel like you can't personalize to meet your needs. HTH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Mimee03Mimee03 Registered Users Posts: 190
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the advice! I appreciate the help :) I think I'll probably start with a low poo and see how it goes.
  • NocurlB4babiesNocurlB4babies Registered Users Posts: 179
    Early on, I was almost ready to give up on co-washing - I was trying to co-wash everyday. My hair felt limp & over-conditioned (it probably was). I then started to co-wash either one or two days in a row, then low-poo the next. I have fine hair that found that I had to alternate, or my hair looked awful. I hope that you find a routine that works for you.
    2b/3a fine/med-hi density/high porosity (I think)/ highlight-no silicones/sulfates
    Lo-poo - ABBA Gentle Shampoo/ Shea Moisture Curl & Shine
    Conditioner: GVCB (love it!)/ Regis OO
    Leave in
    : As I Am
    Co-Wash: Tresemme or DevaCurl NoPoo
    Stylers: As I Am Curling Jelly/GF Pure Clean/ LALCurl gel - all with BRHG added
    Style: scrunch/ diffuse, then air dry. I don't Have much frizz at all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file