What colors look good on fair skin

pe476206pe476206 Posts: 117Registered Users
I do not know much about makeup for fair skin because everyone in my family has medium skin. Sometimes the colors, they choose for me do not work well on my skin. Right know I have a lot of pink lip products but I am willing to go off that. I am getting tired of always picking pinks because people told me that other colors will not work well with my skin tone. I have light brown hair and hazel eyes. I do not like dark eye makeup and allergic to eye liner. I have very sensitive skin. I also did not like mac products because they made me break out in hives.
Fine hair, 3a/3b
Shampoo: switching from a couple
Conditioner: Herbal Essences totally twisted conditioner
Deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute miracle
Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,680Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    definitely try the coral/peach shades of lip products and purples for your eyes. if you've got green flecks in your eyes, the purple is the best colour of all.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    IDK what works on pale skin in general, but I can tell you what works for me. I have green eyes, naturally dark blonde/light brown hair, and warm toned pale skin. My avi is me with a tan.
    For eyes shadow, purple brings out my green eyes. Love taupe (between brown and gray), especially shimmery taupes. Bronze, especially in summer. You can use eyeshadow as an eyeliner if you apply it with an angle brush.
    For blush I tend to like sheer bright colors. The look more natural on me then the muted pale colors I used to pick. If the blush isn't sheer, I just use a light hand. I like rose, coral, and red best. IDK if bright blush works for all pale people.

For lips I find lots of colors work. The hardest colors for me to find are nudes or my lips but better. If these colors are slightly off, I look dead. I like sheer bronze (summer), peach, coral, red, fuchsia, cranberry, plum, etc. I'm a fan of darker lips on pale skin.

The colors Rouquinne suggested are probably the best place to start.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It really depends on what one's skin undertone is, warm, warm-neutral, or cool, cool-neutral. Not all fair skins have pink undertones(cool), some are more ivory-creamy looking(more yellow), or some are slightly peachy-looking. Generally-speaking, if one goes with colors that are in line with one's undertone, it's very flattering for everyday, and one can go with deeper, slightly contrasting colors for a more dramatic look at night.
    Can you go to a good makeup counter where they can swatch you for foundation - this is the most important step since if the foundation is the wrong shade for your skintone it will look "off" no matter how well-applied the rest of the makeup is.
    Another factor that comes into play is the level of contrast between hair and skin. Not all fair-skinned people have light hair - in fact there's a full spectrum of everything from towheads up to extremely dark(this giving the famed "Snow White" look).
    Hope this helps! Again, knowing your skin's undertones will help immensely and keep you from making makeup shopping mistakes. What looks good on some other family member or friend will not work for you unless they have the same coloring.
  • pe476206pe476206 Posts: 117Registered Users
    my current foundation, clinique perfectly real foundation matches me pretty well. It may be slightly too dark but it is not that noticeable. You would really need to be looking at my face to be able to tell. It's the lightest shade that they have. For a nude lip clinique matched me up to their long lasting lipstick in creamy nude because they said my natural lip color was a little bit too pink to be consider a nude. I have more pink undertones to my skin, so I do not know if that makes me more of a cool, neutral or a warm undertone. I'm pretty new to wearing makeup. I did not get any other colors for Clinique because of the price. I also receive Avon ultra color rich lipstick in cozy mauve. Which looks absolutely gorgeous on my skin tone. I think I am going to wear that color more when I am going out. I will try on peaches and corals when I have a little bit more money to spend on makeup. I also got mark eyeshadow in lotus which is a pastel purple. It really brings out the color of my eyes. I am not sure about taupe, browns, bronze for everyday but it may work when I am going out. I may try a plum color but I am afraid that it will wash out my skin too much. Also, maybe a red and a cranberry but will get matched on what shade of red will look the nicest on me. I got some of it as gifts like the avon products. My family knew that I could always take it back if it did not work for me. I also got a bright pink for a gift too. My sister wanted me to have bright lipstick. It was a nice surprise.
    Fine hair, 3a/3b
    Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,680Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    you're a cool undertone.

for an everyday brown eyeshadow, look for one that's a light to medium golden shade. try to find one that's either slightly darker or slightly lighter than your eye colour. Avon Mark "Tiki" is an example and you might want to consider "Fairy Dust" and "Minx".

plum WILL NOT wash you out! :D especially if you get the right one. if you can't try before you buy, a lot of places will let you return things.

Avon mascaras are great! i buy 3 or 4 at a time when they're on sale, especially the Waterproof Wash-Off Mascara.

and the Glazewear lip gloss comes in tons of colours and goes on sale often too!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • pe476206pe476206 Posts: 117Registered Users
    My mom actually have mark eyeshadow in "minx" and she loves it. She, told me that I could use the shade anytime. I do really like fairy dust online and think it will look good on. It would be a good everyday color and I could go to school without looking like a clown. I like how they are not that expensive. I think tiki might be best for me in the summer but I think it could work all year around. I hoping that I will receive some samples from my avon rep of lipstick and lip gloss samples. I think the light pink looks like it has a lot of shimmer to it. It might not contrast my skin enough to make much of a difference. I like the color "after glo" which looks like it will be a peachy pink with golden undertones. Also, Love rush on the website says that it is rosy color (which I love the color of). Chica seems to be a coral color, which is beautiful. It would be good for summer and spring or when I want the summer glow to my skin. I did a patch test for the mark blushes (my mom has one but turn to be discontinue) and I turn out to not be allergic to them :).
    Fine hair, 3a/3b
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    " I have more pink undertones to my skin, so I do not know if that makes me more of a cool, neutral or a warm undertone."

Sounds like you're cool to me! What also points in that direction is the fact that the cool mauve lipstick looks great on you. I'd say stick with soft cool colors myself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file