CurlTalk

Hair won't hold curl?

Can anybody think of why my mix of 3a hair would stop holding it's curl? My hair is suddenly fluffy and dull and won't hold a curl no matter how much product I use! I am getting very frustrated! The only thing I have changed in the past 2 weeks is I finally got SSCEJ again. :dontknow:
I am desperate for any help you can give me!

Comments

• redmumredmum Posts: 125Registered Users
    Hi,

I have 3a hair that has been very fluffy and undefined recently, seemed really dry and driving me crazy. Last night I used curl junkie repair me and wow what's difference today, curls all back and bouncy and less frizzy. Really needed protein.
    That's just my hair, but I understand the frustration and hope you find a solution.
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users
    When mine does that it usually means I need a protein treatment.
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • Wavy7sWavy7s Posts: 66Registered Users
    I'll second the protein. When my hair gets "fluffy", it's a sure sign that I need a PT. I love IAgirls PT! It's easy to make, works like a charm, and is inexpensive to make.
    2b/c
    Fine, low porosity, med density, normal elasticity.
    Dislikes: Aloe by itself, cheap gels, and heavy butters
    Co-wash: CJ Daily Fix
    Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: Curlsmith Oil-in-Cream
    Stylers: CJ Curl Queen, Flaxseed gel, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic.
    PT: CJ Repair Me or IA Girls PT w/ mag. sulfate,
    DT: CJ Rehab and Righteous Roots Hair Rx or Pre-poo oil.
  • mama2jmbmama2jmb Posts: 14Registered Users
    Thanks ladies ~ I will try a protein treatment and see what happens! :)
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 460Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Protein can help, but don't overdo it - otherwise the hair will become dry, exacerbating the problem. Sometimes all the hair needs is a deep moisturizing treatment. With my hair(2c-3a mix)my hair cutter advised me to do three times as many deep moisturizing treatments as protein treatments over all. That means that I only do a protein treatment once a month, usually before I color.