Protein treatment?

*M!x*Ch!ck**M!x*Ch!ck* Registered Users Posts: 154
Heyyy I think iam going to start CG method today
And iam not sure would I should get or need
Iam trying to recover from a BAD hair dye
It really killed my hair not growing at all
Please help
What is a good protein treatment ?(as a deep treatment?)
I do a hot oil treatment with olive oil and honey and coconut oil
What should I co wash I was thinking(Aubrey and vo5)
What is a good leave in
And I heard a protein gel? Is there one I want one with no
Cones please
OOOH yea :) hair pills what should I take

Please and thank youu

Comments

• McfrizzyMcfrizzy Registered Users Posts: 406
    Please help
    What is a good protein treatment ?(as a deep treatment?)
    What should I co wash I was thinking(Aubrey and vo5)
    What is a good leave in
    Cones please
    OOOH yea :) hair pills what should I take

Please and thank youu
    Hey congrats the cg method is great,,,, to start off for a protein treatment many do homemade with eggs or yogurt however one that I've heard of is ion effective care from Sally's it's inexpensive as for a cowash many use vo5 or suave if your hair likes protein you should try suave coconut conditioner n for a good leave in I would try kinky curly knot today or shea moisture coconut smoothie at target. Finally a protein gel would be ecostyler or la looks sport gel which I love as for hair pills I have no idea.....hope I helped good luck
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • *M!x*Ch!ck**M!x*Ch!ck* Registered Users Posts: 154
    My hair is 3b Is that gel good for 3b thin hair&&if I mix the egg with my olive oil and honey treatment would that work?
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    I've added any input I have in bold. :)
    Please help - If you used a permanent dye, it very likely left your hair highly porous (damaged), which means it will easily absorb anything applied to it, but it will also lose them just as easily. You'll probably want to do deep protein treatments, deep moisturizing treatments, and possibly use a bit of an oil to seal your hair (prevents your hair from losing all the good moisture you added to it during your shower). You may also want to consider using products with protein in between deep treatments. Hair is made of protein, damaged hair lacks protein, protein containing products and deep protein treatments help restore protein in the hair and strengthen it.
    What is a good protein treatment ?(as a deep treatment?) - You can try Aphogee 2 Step, Ion Effective Care, GVP Hair Reconstructor (generic Joico K-Pak), which can all be found at Sally's or another beauty supply store, or if you want to mix something up at home, there's IAGirl's PT. If your hair gets crunchy or dry afterwards, do a moisturizing deep treatment. I believe your hot oil treatment would qualify.
    What should I co wash I was thinking(Aubrey and vo5) - V05 Silky Experiences, Herbal Escapes, Tea Therapy, Moisture Milks, and Split Ends conditioners are all CG friendly and reasonable basic cowashing cocnditioners to start off with. You can also try any of the Suave Naturals. Most find Aubrey to be too thick /moisturizing for a cowash conditioner. Instead they use Aubrey as a rinse out (after cowashing).
    What is a good leave in
    Cones please - Like McFrizzy said, many curlies use and like LA Looks Sport gel, or Ecostyler.
    OOOH yea :) hair pills what should I take - I don't take anything specifically to grow my hair, but I've heard Biotin is good.

Please and thank youu
    My hair is 3b Is that gel good for 3b thin hair - The gels mentioned are hard hold, which is fine for 3b hair. You may or may not like it, depending on how your thin hair reacts to it. I've heard some curlies mention they ended up with great clumps, but some bare spots where some scalp showed through. If that happens with your hair, you might try a gel with lighter hold, a mousse, or even diffusing.
    &&if I mix the egg with my olive oil and honey treatment would that work? - The proteins in eggs are too large to penetrate the hair, so will function more to moisturize the hair than to strengthen it. Smaller proteins (hydrolyzed and amino acids) are better able to penetrate the hair and because of that, they do a better job at strengthening the hair. Any of the ones I mentioned will do, but they aren't the only options available.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low /medium porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure
    CO: As I Am
    RO /LI: GVPCB, Ion Effective Care, Maui Moisture Nourish and Moisture, Herbal Essences Birch Bark
    Stylers: Zotos All About Curls Bouncy Cream, Herbal Essences Body Envy Mousse, LALSG, UFDCM
    PT (as needed)IAGirl's, Mielle Babassu Mint, Zotos All About Curls Divine Treatment
    Thank you soooooo much!!
    For gel umm iam still thinking bout Eco styler and the curlys gel
    Cause idk why but my hair has allot of volume but damaged but iam still deciding

And for the pt Should I do pt wash then do my hotoil treatment OR should I do pt one week then oil treatment next week
    Wash your hair first. If you have buildup, do a low poo, if not, you can cowash. Then remove as much water as possible while still leaving your hair damp, then pt. During a pt, if your hair is soaking wet, the water is taking up space that you want protein to fill, which is why you want to remove some before you apply the pt. Rinse the pt, and evaluate how your hair feels. Silky soft, somewhat dry, very dry, or "what have I done? my hair feels like hay". Strong pt's especially will leave hair feeling somewhat dry after rinsing, sometimes very dry or even straw-like if the pt was "too strong" for your hair. The degree of dryness will determine whether your normal rinse out conditioner will sufficiently moisturize your post-pt hair, or whether you need a deep moisture (hot oil) treatment.

If your hair is feeling super dry, I would do a hot oil treatment that day. Don't wait for a week to pass by. If you're unsure about the degree of dryness, or don't want to automatically skip to the hot oil treatment, then after rinsing your pt, you can try conditioning with your normal rinse out conditioner (not your cowash conditioner). If your hair still feels dry after that, then you'll know you need your hot oil treatment.

I hope that makes decent sense. I'm still working my way through finding a good balance between moisturized and plenty of protein for strength, and I'm coming up on 3 months CG soon. It hasn't been the easiest to figure out, even with good info. Knowing the theory, at least for me, hasn't always correlated with "oh, that's what my hair wants /is doing". That said, Rymorg2, a stylist here on nc.com posted a great thread on treatments. If you'd like to read more, I thought it was really helpfu,l and ou can find it here. Also, this post helped me out as well.
    CG since 11/2011

Go To Products /Routine:
    RO /LI: GVPCB, Ion Effective Care, Maui Moisture Nourish and Moisture, Herbal Essences Birch Bark
    Stylers: Zotos All About Curls Bouncy Cream, Herbal Essences Body Envy Mousse, LALSG, UFDCM
    PT (as needed)IAGirl's, Mielle Babassu Mint, Zotos All About Curls Divine Treatment
    Ook I'll go look at that
    I did hot oil treatment two times and after my hair was soft but still frizz

Did you hear anything bout curls gel-les'c is that better then Eco styler??

Oh also I see you wash your hair with baking soda and apple cider is that a good shampoo lol

Do you wash your hair with that each time you full clean your hair
    If so how many times a week you do soo I want to try it cause I really don't want to us shampoo nooo more poo free
    I've seen gel-les-c mentioned a few times, but don't recall specific details. Do a forum search with that as your search term, and you should find various threads about it.

Baking soda and ACV rinses aren't so much shampoos as they are natural clarifiers. I primarily use cowashing to cleanse my hair, but have found I need baking soda /ACV (at least ACV) every week or 2 to remove mineral deposits from the hard water in my area, along with any product buildup (usually far less of an issue, if any). I use Struttswife's recipes for both, from the Live Curly Live Free site, and follow her instructions for application. She's a curly stylist, so I figured her recipes were a good starting point, and I could tweak later if needed.

Of course, that's my hair (polar opposite of yours as far as porosity goes), and what works on my head. Your hair may not like BS /ACV in that ratio, or may utterly despise 1 or both. You'll have to try 'em and see how your hair responds.
    CG since 11/2011

Go To Products /Routine:
  • curlyevcurlyev Registered Users Posts: 246
    Prenatal vitamins are great for your hair and nails! That's the best "hair pill" I can think of. And for protein, I also use Sally's version of K-Pak. It works well for me!
    -3A, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)
    -Low poo (As needed): CVS Argan Oil Renewing Shampoo
    -RO: GVP The Detangler
    -Styling: LALSG
    -PT: ION Effective Care (seldom)
    *I have learned that sometimes less is more when it comes to my hair*
    :love6:

Ok thanx Imma try get pills do you know where I can go to get them

And curly gel les c im going to post a forum bout it

Ok let me see if iam right :)
    So iam thinking to us vo5 as a "shampoo" and aubrey as a conditioner??
  • GirlynGirlyn Registered Users Posts: 4
    Your hair is made up of a series of proteins. Eating healthy, protein-packed foods can ensure you consume your recommended intake of protein, to support a healthy head of hair and one of them is fish meat is typically extremely low in carbohydrates but provides a very rich source of protein to provide the individual chemicals needed to make the proteins found in your hair.
  • curlyevcurlyev Registered Users Posts: 246
    You can get prenatal vitamins anywhere, if you go somewhere like Wal-Mart or Dollar General, they are cheaper. They help strengthen nails too.
    -3A, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)
    -Low poo (As needed): CVS Argan Oil Renewing Shampoo
    -RO: GVP The Detangler
    -Styling: LALSG
    -PT: ION Effective Care (seldom)
    *I have learned that sometimes less is more when it comes to my hair*
    :love6:

• KeihsKeihs Registered Users Posts: 435 Curl Neophyte
    MSM can lenghten time of hair growth and make hair softer.
    Biotin can thicken hair and help growth.
    Silica does something that I don't remember.. xD
    Flax oil/fish oil or essential fatty acids can make hair more moisturized and soft.
    B5 (Pantothenic Acid) can thicken strands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file