nyx (sold out) - how long?

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
i'm going to order a few things directly from nyx. one product i want is sold out. for those of you that have ordered from nyx, how long are items usually listed as sold out? a week, longer, shorter? i want to get all the items at once to save on shipping.
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    i'm going to order a few things directly from nyx. one product i want is sold out. for those of you that have ordered from nyx, how long are items usually listed as sold out? a week, longer, shorter? i want to get all the items at once to save on shipping.
    I am not sure. I am wondering if a couple of things I have seen as sold out for several weeks are being discontinued. I will be watching this thread to see if anyone has any insight. I have called them and they always say they are doing their best to restock. ULTA's shelves are empty of product too (near me anyway).
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am not sure. I am wondering if a couple of things I have seen as sold out for several weeks are being discontinued. I will be watching this thread to see if anyone has any insight. I have called them and they always say they are doing their best to restock. ULTA's shelves are empty of product too (near me anyway).

i was hoping you'd chime in. i guess youtube is making them BLOW UP because my ulta is out of a lot of stuff too. i was wanting the orange concealer and someone said it was new"ish".

have you tried their stick concealer? it seems like a good on the go option.
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    I wondered about this, too. I usually try to order from Ulta or buy items at the store because I can usually find a coupon (20% off right now), but I find that many item are out of stock. I am addicted to the single eyeshadows and jumbo pencils. Also, Ulta doesn't carry all the shades that are found on the NYX site.

I did notice yesterday that the NYX site has added some new shades for the jumbo pencils. There's one that looks like a peachy flesh tone that would be good for a primer. This is my favorite way of using the pencils. I put one on as a base and then add a powder shadow on top that is similar in color. My eyeshadow seems to last all day. I'm still looking for a neutral primer that I can use everyday no matter what color shadow I'm using.Perhaps this new color will be what I'm looking for.

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Hey there! I know you asked about the NYX site, but have you tried cherryculture.com? I get all of my favorite NYX products there, usually at a discount. Shipping is free if you spend $40.

Also, the NYX fan page on facebook has it's own store. You can try there too.

Good Luck!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
    Hey there! I know you asked about the NYX site, but have you tried cherryculture.com? I get all of my favorite NYX products there, usually at a discount. Shipping is free if you spend $40.

Good Luck!

Great tips of us NYX lovers! Thanks!

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)

mod CG since August 2010

Good Luck!

thanks for this! i got so excited. the orange concealer must be what's hot in the streets now cause it's sold out there too...bummer. i'll go ahead and order my other stuff while i can get it.
    I have not tried their stick concealer, but I will. So far the products have performed pretty well. I will also probably try their orange concealer. I have seen some department store's line with it and people swear by it, and since I have seen the video with the MAC artist using the orange lsipstick to cover her dark spots, I am softening toward the idea.

Is it possible they are doing a packaging change? I am trying to find an excuse for why they are leaving certain items out of stock for so long. I have been after Pine Nut eyeshadow for months now.
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!
    yeah the orange to conceal thing works! i apply my lipstick right on my lips though so i'd rather not use that for my concealing. i am going to get make up forevers orange camouflage cream and call it a day. i did order the nutmeg stick concealer and the transparent powder in dark. i'm done with my makup purchases for now... :cheers:
    Well, I quickly filled my shopping cart at cherryculture.com! The only items I really wanted that were out of stock were the eyeshadow primer in skin tone and the Jumbo Pencil in Cashmere.

Does anyone have a coupon code? Even with the free shipping, I ended up doing some real damage!

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Cherry culture usually does a coupon of some sort once every 4-6 weeks. Nothing right now. I ordered last saturday, and i'm still waiting for my shipment. Be ready to wait 7 business days for your order. I am chalk full of beauty deals and steal info, so i hope you all tune into my facebook blog and youtube channel. I just started 2 weeks ago, so bear with me :-).

DimePieceOnaDime's Channel - YouTube
    DimePieceOnaDime | Facebook.

If you live in the NYC tri state area they also sell NYX at Harmon beauty supply and select Bed Bath and Beyond's :-).
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cherry Culture is awesome. That's the only place I get my NYX products from..and I stock up when they have a sale. Plus you can get these bonus reward points and I use them too. I make out like a bandit.

NYX is my favorite makeup brand besides bareMinerals.

If you can't get the Urban Decay Naked Palette for whatever reason..try NYX Nude on Nude Palette. I have it and it's a great buy. It's only $19.99. You get 20 neutral eyeshadows and 10 lip colors! I use it way more than my Urban Decay Naked Palette.

I also get Milani from Cherry Culture..too. Loved their baked eyeshadows and baked blushes. zaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well dang.. I just went over to Cherry Culture and now NYX has something called "Butt Naked" palette..ROFL! It's 19.99 as well. You now you can be Nude or Butt Naked...hee hee!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    Cherry Culture is having a 20% off sale for Valentine's Day. Coupon code is V20. Of course it figures that I placed an order yesterday thinking I wasn't going to find a better price than $3.99 for the eyeshadows. Hopefully they will refund the difference or cancel the order so I can reorder with the coupon code.

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010
    @curlyserf (or anyone I guess): have you ordered from Cherry Culture before? Have you any idea how long it takes to process/ship your order?
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!
    @curlyserf (or anyone I guess): have you ordered from Cherry Culture before? Have you any idea how long it takes to process/ship your order?

This is my first order. I ordered on the 2nd and it has already been shipped.

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010
  • angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I purchased a few NYX items from a local drugstore today. I'm really happy with the Jumbo eye pencils (as good or better than my Mac and Urban Decay).
    I have a question for those of you who have used the eyeshadow base. Does it cause your eyelids to look crepey? I have Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but if I apply it past my eye crease it is terribly crepey. Sorry for butting in with my question luvmylocs, but you ladies know your makeup!:notworthy:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    angel29ish wrote: »
    I have a question for those of you who have used the eyeshadow base. Does it cause your eyelids to look crepey? I have Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but if I apply it past my eye crease it is terribly crepey. Sorry for butting in with my question luvmylocs, but you ladies know your makeup!:notworthy:

i really only use them on the lower lid and i always layer color over it. i use my regular eye primer (a necessity for these oily lids) then i apply a shadow on top. are you wearing them alone or with a complementary color? i think alone they would be crepey.

btw, you might like sephora's jumbo eye pencils too. they are a little more than nyx i think but oh my the colors are so nice. i have the green. love!
  • angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    angel29ish wrote: »

i really only use them on the lower lid and i always layer color over it. i use my regular eye primer (a necessity for these oily lids) then i apply a shadow on top. are you wearing them alone or with a complementary color? i think alone they would be crepey.

btw, you might like sephora's jumbo eye pencils too. they are a little more than nyx i think but oh my the colors are so nice. i have the green. love!

For a few years I've been using Lancome Effacernes for under eye and on my full eyelid without the crepey problem. I always wear an eyeshadow on top. I should probably not try to fix what isn't broken, but had to try the Too faced primer. It really doesn't work well for me. I may try the NYX Eyeshadow base, but wonder if it will cause that crepeyness...getting older bites! Thanks for the tip on Sephora pencils! BTW, you have beautiful eyes! Love your avi!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    nyx. has. restocked. orange.concealer. available!
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file