CurlTalk

two strand twists

JasminesbbyJasminesbby Posts: 61Registered Users
So everytime i do two strand twists they never come out right......ever!!! I think it is because I am only 3 months post. Sooo i still have relaxed ends. Do i need to put rubberbands at the end of the twist to make the stay up or what??? Help plz.. i am sooo desperate.

Comments

• naturalgirl85naturalgirl85 Posts: 53Registered Users
    I heard of some ladies putting flexi-rods or perm rods on the ends of their hair to give it a little curl. Then they take them out and have a little curl on the end. I haven't tried doing two strand twists my self because I know my relaxed ends would screw up the style.

The videos that I have seen on youtube of ladies doing this, their hair looks great. HTH
  • JasminesbbyJasminesbby Posts: 61Registered Users
    Yea I have tried that...and for some reason my hairs turns into a puff ball. Lol! I now just wash it, detangle and have my mom mess with it. I know thats wrong but, what other choice do I have... Right?

Jasmine S.Bby
    When you do your twists what products are you using to help hold the twists? I know for me when I do my braid-outs it is all about what product I am using that helps the style stay for me.
  • kayboogiekayboogie Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am having the same problem. Tuesday I tried to do the two strand twist with the perm rods. I washed and blow dried my hair. I sat under the dryer but I guess not for long enough because when I woke up my hair was still wet. So last night I tried again on dry hair and got the same result. Just a big puffy mess. I'm 8 months post relaxer. Not sure of my hair type. It's pretty curly besides the relaxed ends. I used Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. I don't know what to do at this point. I've been wearing twist since May. I get them redone about every 6 weeks. Does anyone know if those products like Miss Jessies really work?
    I haven't tried the miss jessie's products, but I can tell you that there are products out there that can really help hold your style into place. I had to start using a heavier cream product and gel when I do my braid-outs. When I do this it helps me to keep a style for a week. You may just have to use a heavier product when you do your styles.
  • JasminesbbyJasminesbby Posts: 61Registered Users
    When I do the twist it is usually when I washed my hair I don't let my hair dry. Also I use Cantu Shea Butter leave in as well. Today I am going to try it while my hair is halfway dry, to see if that makes a difference. :)

Jasmine S.Bby