CurlTalk

New Highlights = Super Dry Curls!

I recently colored my hair dark brown and had blond highlights done. I washed it today for the first time with the Herbal Essence shampoo for color treated hair, and it turned out to be a nightmare. My hair feels extremely dry and look very frizzy. I also used Nexxus mousse to tame it down a little bit but it didn't help.

I need HELP!
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,091Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i would do a deep conditioning treatment, and keep using a moisturizing leave in. the blond process is especially damaging.
    sometimes mousses can be drying.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    You don't list your hair properties, which would help everyone a lot in advising you. Here's a link to help with that: Live Curly Live Free - Home.

Nexxus Mousse isn't discussed here a lot. You didn't list the ingredients or the other products you use, so it's had to help. These are the ingredients that I found for Nexxus Mousse Plus, when I did a search:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Isobutane, Hydrofluorocarbon 152A, VP/VA Copolymer, Polyquaternium-11, Propane, Polysorbate 20, PVP, Polyquaternium-4, Fragrance (Parfum), PPG-12-PEG-50 Lanolin, Olealkonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, PPG-9 Diethylmonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Linalool, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Limonene, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Myristic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Ceramide 3, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Tocopheryl Acetate

They have some others, I think. If you're using products like this, the propellant is drying, the 'cones can coat your hair and cause build up if you're not removing it (which prevents moisture from getting in)--and lots of other issues.

Without more information about your hair and products--it's really hard to advise you. My first thoughts would be protein followed by moisture.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]