CurlTalk

Is it time to detangle?

Runna4LifeRunna4Life Posts: 112Registered Users
I haven't detangled since last week, and should I use a wide- tooth comb or a denman brush? (which I modified so I only have 4 rows of teeth). I have really thick 4a/4b hair which is 3.5" long. It knots up so easily! But, I do wear afro puffs everyday

Should I detangle weekly from now on? I'm inconsistent

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Runna4Life wrote: »
    I haven't detangled since last week, and should I use a wide- tooth comb or a denman brush? (which I modified so I only have 4 rows of teeth). I have really thick 4a/4b hair which is 3.5" long. It knots up so easily! But, I do wear afro puffs everyday

You have to determine what works for you. I use a wide tooth comb once a week and litely finger detangle every night because Im a heavy shedder and shed hair equals knots for me.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • Runna4LifeRunna4Life Posts: 112Registered Users
    adthomas wrote: »

You have to determine what works for you. I use a wide tooth comb once a week and litely finger detangle every night because Im a heavy shedder and shed hair equals knots for me.

Does tangled hair hinder how the curls form?
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Posts: 1,194Registered Users

What?
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• LanishaLanisha Posts: 467Registered Users

Yes it does.
  • sweetmx85sweetmx85 Posts: 1,017Registered Users
    sometimes I'll go a few weeks without detangling and just leave it in a bun or pony tail, sometimes once a week it depends on how I feel and my hair. only you will know by trial and error what will work for your hair, that's part of the process. just try diff time periods and see how long or often is needed.

I'll add if you wait too long you run the risk of breakage. I wouldn't go for weeks like I said I do, I'm just to lazy to put that muscle power to work regularly lol
    my blog
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlygirlie85.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsophiams85.tumblr.com%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users

Not for me. I get my best definition when I go about 3 weeks without detangling or moisturizing.

On my EVO. I'm too fancy for proofreading.
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users

Not for me. I get my best definition when I go about 3 weeks without detangling or moisturizing.

:laughing2: :thumbup:
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    ok. Yeah, i think less detangling is better for me because I run into a lot of hair of my comb when I do.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    ok. Yeah, i think less detangling is better for me because I run into a lot of hair of my comb when I do.

Is the hair in the comb broken or shed? That's what you need to determine. People shed hair every day. If you don't detangle for two weeks of course you're going to have a lot of hair in the comb. That's why people who take down braids end up with a lot of hair in the comb because they haven't been removing shed hair.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Is the hair in the comb broken or shed? That's what you need to determine. People shed hair every day. If you don't detangle for two weeks of course you're going to have a lot of hair in the comb. That's why people who take down braids end up with a lot of hair in the comb because they haven't been removing shed hair.

They are shed, they have the white bulbs at the top.
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    I detangle once a week, but each person is different. :)

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Posts: 1,194Registered Users
    tumblr_lvot3jCWoZ1qh79fwo1_250.gif
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• westndnbeautywestndnbeauty Posts: 73Registered Users
    Unless my hair is in a protective style, I lean on the side of detangling weekly. Shed hair causes breakage for me.
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users

LMFAO!

girl. if your hair is tangled, detangle it. If you dont remove the shed hairs the sh*t will mat & loc up and break your hair off when you finally do
    I learned that the hard way,

when I was 10 years old...
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)