Big Big Big CHop

sewt15sewt15 Posts: 115Registered Users
I also posted this in 4a but i thought this was warranted in this thread also
Story:
In 2011, I permanently colored my hair 4 x's. The last time was October. I loved the color, but soon realized I didnt like the way it thinned my hair out. I had two diff. hair textures, from the root on down it got thinner. If i had one texture all over my head, i think i would have kept my hair, but in all reality I WANT MY KINKY, THICK HAIR BACK. Also, i wanted to see what I looked like with short hair. I always thought, why not do it now instead of waiting until my hair got longer and asking "what if". I had been wanting to do a bc for about 2 months now so I asked friends and family. My sister said, "why do you want to do that? i dont think you're gonna look right. most girls that do that they look like boys". my male cousin said "why do u want short hair? u should do 'long hair dont care". what they dont understand is that I wnat my hair to grow out healthy and do it my freakin way. Hair will grow back. thats what it is meant to do. So today, i was fiddling thru my hair and just said f*** it. picked up some scissors and cut it all. I have some before pics and after. my hair is slicked back on the sides

P.S: Im so proud of myself

Comments

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sewt15 wrote: »
    Story:
    In 2011, I permanently colored my hair 4 x's. The last time was October. I loved the color, but soon realized I didnt like the way it thinned my hair out. I had two diff. hair textures, from the root on down it got thinner. If i had one texture all over my head, i think i would have kept my hair, but in all reality I WANT MY KINKY, THICK HAIR BACK. Also, i wanted to see what I looked like with short hair. I always thought, why not do it now instead of waiting until my hair got longer and asking "what if". I had been wanting to do a bc for about 2 months now so I asked friends and family. My sister said, "why do you want to do that? i dont think you're gonna look right. most girls that do that they look like boys". my male cousin said "why do u want short hair? u should do 'long hair dont care". what they dont understand is that I wnat my hair to grow out healthy and do it my freakin way. Hair will grow back. thats what it is meant to do. So today, i was fiddling thru my hair and just said f*** it. picked up some scissors and cut it all. I have some before pics and after. my hair is slicked back on the sides

You are right, your hair, you do why you feel is best for you. It will grow back. Here is my big chop and my 7 month photo:

48b8b62e-1cf0-c49f.jpg48b8b62e-1d31-89e9.jpg

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • sewt15sewt15 Posts: 115Registered Users
    wow your hair grew back so fast. i feel like when i had my last perm (oct. 2009) thru my first chop (march 2010) and then thru my last coloring (oct.2011) i was doing all the wrong things. flat ironing the whole way (i had major heat damage, colored my hair 4 x's and the whole nine, and i never got to do a big chop (i personally think that chopping is better than transitioning). your hair has a fresh, new, clean start. so here i am :love6:.

• sewt15sewt15 Posts: 115Registered Users
    what was your regimen after u chopped?

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    what was your regimen after u chopped?

I tried to co-washed twice a week, but realized I needed to wash at least once a week. I didn't and still don't use anything with silicone or sulfates. I pretty much have the same regimen I continue to have now:

Pre-poo - Vaticka Oil

Wash - diluted Kinky Curly Come Clean

DC - Once a week, I use Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Anti-Breakage Hair Masque

Rinse out conditioner - Oyin Honey Hemp, also sometimes use as a DC.

Leave-in conditioner - Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Hair Thickening Growth Milk

Gel - now I use the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curling Souffle or Uncle Funky's Curly Magic

Sealer - Shealoe Butter or Qhemet Biologics Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist butter

Refreshers - Rosewater or Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter cream or Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Hair Thickening Growth Milk

Protein treatment - Once month. I use Spiral Solutions Repairing Protein Treatment and Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment.

Keep mind everyone's hair is different. You need to found out your hair properties (density, elasticity, and porosity). Knowing those things will help tremendously. I invested in getting a hair analysis done by Live Curly Live Free $12.95.

hth

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    I love your progess^.

OP I know how you must feel to liberate yourself of that dead colored hair. Once you ain't feeling it any more its like it got to go lol thats how I was.
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    Story:

:thumright: Good for you for plucking up the courage to do it. Your new, healthy growth will thank you for it. I think it looks great!:wink:
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file