CurlTalk

photo gallery

rbbrbb Posts: 4,091Registered Users Curl Dabbler
i've tried on several different occasions to apply filters to the photo gallery, wanting to narrow it down to what i want. no matter what i apply, how few or how many, the same photos (looks like ALL the photos) keep coming up, as tho there were no filters applied.
am i doing something wrong?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,440Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Can you give me an example? I will share with the Smart Guys.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,091Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i just went back on to get specifics for you. however, now i am confused. i applied one filter, 3a hair and it came up with 1210 photos. then i applied spiral curls, bob cuts, and it came up with over 2000 photos. then i added to those filters female, adult hair, and it came up with 5400+ photos.

the more filters i applied, the more photos it had. so it does not narrow down the search -- ie, female, 3a hair, bob cut, spirals. it seems to take each category and add them in. plus, the few photos i looked at were not at all in any category i had applied -- a big chop, very long hair, etc.....

styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
  • Wavy7sWavy7s Posts: 66Registered Users
    I have had this problem also. I think what is happening is rather than filtering the photos by your selections, it adds photos matching any part of your selections. For example: if I start my search for 2b photos-I get all photos labeled with 2b. So, then I want to narrow it down to only female 2b, so I click on filter 'female'. Instead of filtering the 2b pictures into just 2b female pictures, it adds female pictures (regardless of curl type) to my 2b results. The more filters I apply, the more photos it adds. In its current state of operation the filter is a rather unhelpful feature.
    2b/c
    Fine, low porosity, med density, normal elasticity.
    Dislikes: Aloe by itself, cheap gels, and heavy butters
    Co-wash: CJ Daily Fix
    Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: Curlsmith Oil-in-Cream
    Stylers: CJ Curl Queen, Flaxseed gel, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic.
    PT: CJ Repair Me or IA Girls PT w/ mag. sulfate,
    DT: CJ Rehab and Righteous Roots Hair Rx or Pre-poo oil.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,440Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    OK, thanks, Ladies. I'll share with the team and see what they say.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,091Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    thanks, gretchen!

Leave a Comment