Feeling down about my hair

pinktamitha64pinktamitha64 Posts: 24Registered Users
So I don't know what to do with my hair anymore....Ive been natural for 2 yrs ( kept it at a brushcut for a while) and now I am growing it back out but since i have been doing that I have been trying out products that just aren't making my hair feel moisturized and un-straw like as possible. :sad2: My hair doesn't like coconut oil or shea butter when its raw and applied directly to my hair. I have tried the patene relaxed and natural condotioner, aubrey organics honeysuckle conditioner, as i am double butter cream,cantu leave in conditioner, Vo5 strawberries and cream conditioner and most of miss jessies products as well as the elasta qp products and nothing works. I have type 4 hair and my hair is crying for moisture.

today I took out my twists and it was horrible, not only did I have so much buildup but i shredded so much hair ( that was expected since i had the twists in for a month) but detangling was crazy. I used the As I Am clarifying shampoo which was okay once i rinsed my hair with bakingsoda and water.

So my natural sistas could u help another curly sista out :( I truly believe i am protein sensitive bc everytime I use something with silk protein, soy protein wheat germ, or wheat germ oil my hair looks and feels like straw and is ruff. Can you give me some product suggestions that don't have protein in it? and it great with moisture thanks :love5:

Comments

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am a wavy, not a curly but have a few suggestions. GVP conditioning balm from Sally's is a good moisturizer, no protein. Lots of ladies like Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition as well.

What about oils? pre treat w/ olive or coconut oil and then sealing with them as well?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• CuteKinksCuteKinks Posts: 76Registered Users
    Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist work really well for me...I also have type 4 hair.

As far as moisturizers go, may I suggest Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. It works wonders on my hair.

CuteKinks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file