CurlTalk

Any other products like this?

I am looking for a curl refresher, as the one that I'm using is way to expensive. (But you're welcome to try it!)

It's called Frizz Ease Secret Weapon from the John Frieda collection.
Okay, I admit, it's not a refresher, but I use it as one.I also use this for touch-ups when the humidity, wind, or rain try to ruin my day. And the best part is, you don't need to use water to use it for your hair!:headbang:

I admit that I absolutely love this, but I want a change. (That, and I'm used to more cheap products.:oops:) I was wondering if there was anything else like this(something without water) that costs less. The cost isn't something I'm desperate for, it's just that I was looking for some other stuff like this one.

I'll still continue to use this however, but I was also looking for more products like this. So, can anyone help me here?
From Noni's Wavy Head :coffee:

Comments

• MagandaMaganda Posts: 57Registered Users
    The only other product I've heard of that refreshes curls and can be applied to dry hair is Tweek. I haven't tried it because it's expensive, though.
    CG since 12/01/2010!
    2c/3a thin BSL hair
    Wish my hair was longer and fuller but it breaks off like crazy!
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users
    Honestly, it might be hard to find a less expensive version of that stuff. At $6.50 a bottle, it's definitely one of the cheaper products.

One of the main ingredients is avocado oil. Maybe you could just grab a bottle of avocado oil at the grocery store and try using that on your hair?
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• Noni863Noni863 Posts: 26Registered Users
    Cheetara wrote: »
    Honestly, it might be hard to find a less expensive version of that stuff. At $6.50 a bottle, it's definitely one of the cheaper products.

One of the main ingredients is avocado oil. Maybe you could just grab a bottle of avocado oil at the grocery store and try using that on your hair?

Hmm...I could try that idea, but usually when I use oil on dry hair, it turns out crunchy, instead of moisturized. Plus if I used avocado oil, should I just dampen my hair first? :scratch: Since I'm a type 2b/2c wavy, I don't think I'll need to wet it all the way, will I?
    Maganda wrote: »
    The only other product I've heard of that refreshes curls and can be applied to dry hair is Tweek. I haven't tried it because it's expensive, though.

I'll try and see if I can find it, but do you know how much it costs?
    From Noni's Wavy Head :coffee:
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,095Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    you can mix conditioner and water in a spray bottle, about 50/50.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine