Helpppppp!?

Jess_ColochaJess_Colocha Registered Users Posts: 4
I cant really get my hair type for sure... My hair is curly, but I have loose 'S' shape curls and I also have spiral ones that are about the width of a sharpie and some of my curls fuse together. Im mixed. Black with Mexican and I was wondering if anyone has any hair growth tips! Please and thank you :]

-Jessica <3

Comments

• SusieSuzeSusieSuze Registered Users Posts: 524
    Treat your hair like every little damage adds up... because it does.

Things that damage:
    -most shampoos
    -heat
    -physical stress from brushing/combing and even your head rolling on the pillow at night when you're sleeping.
    -some styling products
    -chlorine from swimming pools
    -any chemical processing, like colouring, straightening and perming
    -the sun

If you want your hair to get longer and stop breaking, stop all the little things that damage. Get into a conditioner-washing regime, be gentle when you comb (only when wet and full of conditioner/detangler!) NEVER blow dry or flat iron.
    Wear a silk bonnet at night so your slides with your head, reducing tangles. Putting up in a 'pineapple' works pretty good too. (a ponytail on the top of your head) Use a satin pillowcase to let your hair glide instead of getting roughed up.

It takes time to get results, but I started in June of last year and can't believe how far I've come in only 7 months.. My hair has never been longer or looked prettier!

Again.. thank you ladies and administrators of this board :)
    xoxoxoxo
  • Jess_ColochaJess_Colocha Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thank you. I just recently (a week ago) cut my ends off so I'm starting fresh after getting a terrible cut from my salon. The guy cut my hair shorter in the back and he cut it with a razor so now my hair is thinner.. It used to be thick.. :[
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, Jess. You'll find lots of great info all around the site!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ruchipuchiruchipuchi Registered Users Posts: 149
    I cant really get my hair type for sure... My hair is curly, but I have loose 'S' shape curls and I also have spiral ones that are about the width of a sharpie and some of my curls fuse together. Im mixed. Black with Mexican and I was wondering if anyone has any hair growth tips! Please and thank you :]

-Jessica <3

Hey! Welcome!

Your curl type isn't super important. What is important is your hair's property, like density, porosity, texture. Depending on those properties, you choose products that work for your hair. Look around the site for more information on how to figure out those hair properties.

Good luck!
    Fia: 2c/Coarse/ii, low-normal elasticity, low porosity.

Co-wash: Suave Naturals
    RO/LI: GFTN, GVPCB
    Styling: Curls Defining Moments Curl Release Serum, DevaCare Arc AnGEL, DevaCurl Set It Free, KCCC
    DT/PT: GVPCB, AOHR, Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Yogurt PTs, ION Effective Care
    SOTC: JCN&S

:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file