The big leap of Transitioning

Ms_Punkette10Ms_Punkette10 Posts: 7Registered Users
Hi everyone. My name is Kira and I am looking for advice, suggestions, and support in my new journey to transition. After the past year of battling between relaxers and my natural hair, I have decided to opt for my curlies with the support of my boyfriend and my family. I have not had a relaxer for months and currently have braids due to a recent surgery. I do wash my hair and make sure my scalp is oiled. But I welcome any advice on what I should do on after taking out my braids for 4a/4b hair and what should to expect during the first few weeks and months of growing my natural hair.

Thanks everyone!

Love & Stars!

Comments

• JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    I grew my hair out natural a few years ago. I noticed that putting it up in cornrows for two weeks at a time really helped to go through the transitioning phase. The texture also changed over the months . At first it was kind of rough but then curls started to soften out.
  • Ms_Punkette10Ms_Punkette10 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Yea. I'm noticing my hair is a bit rough right now but once I put some product in it, it's ok. Bad thing is that because I work in a dirty, outdoors environment, I just want to make sure my hair stays healthy.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using CurlTalk App
  • JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    Stick with it on your road to naturality. Youtube is a great source of videos and how to. Remember, everyone had a bad hair day. So even if your natural hair seems to stop doing what you want it to do, keep working lovingly with it!!!
  • naturalgirl85naturalgirl85 Posts: 53Registered Users
    Yea. I'm noticing my hair is a bit rough right now but once I put some product in it, it's ok. Bad thing is that because I work in a dirty, outdoors environment, I just want to make sure my hair stays healthy.

Since you work outdoors, I suggest trying to keep your hair in protective styles like braids, kinky twists, or even buns depending on the length of your hair. Youtube is a great source for styling tips and tutorials. HTH
  • Ms_Punkette10Ms_Punkette10 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I'll go for a bun style when I go back to work.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file