CurlTalk

Newbie 3c/4a or way off???

Nikki JONikki JO Posts: 40Registered Users
Hi ladies,
So sorry to bore you with another "what's my hair type" thread but I could really use the help. I've been transitioning since August 4, 2011 and since then I've been learning a lot of great info. However I'm kind of confused on my hair type. Some people have said I have: loose curls, kinky coily curls, curls that bounce and spring, 3c/4a. I thought I was kinky but my mother said no I have hair like my father, and he has soft wavy hair. I had my first perm at 6, than from 10-23 I've had relaxed hair so I'm very curious to know my hair type. Thx in advance to all who reply!!!

Comments

  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Standard answer, you have type "transitioning". You wont' know til you cut those relaxed ends off.

    Other than that, welcome to the forum. :wave:
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Nikki JONikki JO Posts: 40Registered Users
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Standard answer, you have type "transitioning". You wont' know til you cut those relaxed ends off.

    Other than that, welcome to the forum. :wave:

    Thx BekkaPoo!!! I thought maybe people would be able to tell cause I've seen people ask w/new growth pictures. But I waited this long so I'll just hang in there and wait a little longer. Thx again.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Nikki JO wrote: »
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Standard answer, you have type "transitioning". You wont' know til you cut those relaxed ends off.

    Other than that, welcome to the forum. :wave:

    Thx BekkaPoo!!! I thought maybe people would be able to tell cause I've seen people ask w/new growth pictures. But I waited this long so I'll just hang in there and wait a little longer. Thx again.

    You're welcome.. :)

    Those folks who ask the same question who are transitioning will basically get the same answer I gave you too. I mean, people can ask, but they also won't truly know until they cut the relaxer off completely.

    Good luck with your transition! How long are you going to wait before you chop?
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Nikki JONikki JO Posts: 40Registered Users
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Nikki JO wrote: »
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Standard answer, you have type "transitioning". You wont' know til you cut those relaxed ends off.

    Other than that, welcome to the forum. :wave:

    Thx BekkaPoo!!! I thought maybe people would be able to tell cause I've seen people ask w/new growth pictures. But I waited this long so I'll just hang in there and wait a little longer. Thx again.

    You're welcome.. :)

    Those folks who ask the same question who are transitioning will basically get the same answer I gave you too. I mean, people can ask, but they also won't truly know until they cut the relaxer off completely.

    Good luck with your transition! How long are you going to wait before you chop?

    I wish I read your reply before, because I posted the same thing around the same time :laughing5: on CurlyNikki lol. So I guess I'll get the same answers. I was planning to be a long time transitioner, so BC isn't in my plans as of yet. I do plan to get trimmed about every two months though. Did you BC? If you did how long did you wait before you did it?
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Nikki JO wrote: »
    I wish I read your reply before, because I posted the same thing around the same time :laughing5: on CurlyNikki lol. So I guess I'll get the same answers. I was planning to be a long time transitioner, so BC isn't in my plans as of yet. I do plan to get trimmed about every two months though. Did you BC? If you did how long did you wait before you did it?

    I saw it over there too. Lol :compress: And yeah you'll probably start thinking we sound like a broken record.

    I've been natural for most of my life, except for a few years in my tweens and early teens where I had a relaxer that killed my hair slowly. I've bc'd many a time.. by now I have lost count. My last bc was in February 2011 shortly after I got married. Now I plan to grow out til 2016 though (let's see if I can even make it).
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Nikki JONikki JO Posts: 40Registered Users
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Nikki JO wrote: »
    I wish I read your reply before, because I posted the same thing around the same time :laughing5: on CurlyNikki lol. So I guess I'll get the same answers. I was planning to be a long time transitioner, so BC isn't in my plans as of yet. I do plan to get trimmed about every two months though. Did you BC? If you did how long did you wait before you did it?

    I saw it over there too. Lol :compress: And yeah you'll probably start thinking we sound like a broken record.

    I've been natural for most of my life, except for a few years in my tweens and early teens where I had a relaxer that killed my hair slowly. I've bc'd many a time.. by now I have lost count. My last bc was in February 2011 shortly after I got married. Now I plan to grow out til 2016 though (let's see if I can even make it).

    Lol you can do it! Thx again for the info.


    Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    You're welcome.. :glasses7:

    And thanks, I'm gonna try.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)