Hair color made for dark hair

mintheminthe BannedPosts: 209Banned Users
I notice many lines have a new sub-line of hair colors for dark-haired people. Garnier Nutrisse has one, Ultra Color, and Colorsilk has one, Luminista. I've seen mixed reviews of them.

Anyone try these and want to share results, and how you feel about them? I have very dark hair and want to stay dark, but sometimes I would like to try a burgundy or wine color.
ddkodd.jpg2jcfs6t.jpg
Proud to be Indian-Iranian American

"I'd rather they say they hate Jews than hide behind some stupid bs about them being attacked."
--Marah Mizrahi (on Middle Eastern relations)

Comments

• nappyjazzienappyjazzie Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hi my.name is.chastity aka nappyjazzie and I.want.to Colorado my hair but I don't want to dye it isbit possible. I'm so afraid of coloring my hair.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Is your natural hair colour? black or dark brown?
    how porous is your hair?

my natural hair colour is black and for me to achieve dark brown, i had to use light brown hair dye (feria). my friend, however, has dark brown hair that is porous and gets the colour on the box pretty much.
  • mintheminthe Banned Posts: 209Banned Users
    Raizal, my hair is dark brown. I don't know if it's porous or not. It has been hennaed before so it's a bit dry. That is a concern with trying a color like burgundy. I've seen reviews that vary wildly. It seems tho that people w/light hair are trying these - they get the more "wild" results, while darks are more natural. Thanks for that info about you and your friend. It's very helpful!

Nappyjazzie, I'm confused by your post. Are you trying to post a new thread? Ifyou don't want to use chemical dyes, you can try henna. There is a big thread about it on the Type 4a forum. Or you could use temporary dyes. Look for Natural Instincts by Clairol. You can buy them in any stores.
    ddkodd.jpg2jcfs6t.jpg

"I'd rather they say they hate Jews than hide behind some stupid bs about them being attacked."
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    By low porosity, I think it means that the cuticles are closed so it's hard for product/chemical to penetrate the shaft. As a kid, when I used to relax my hair, I'd have to use a super relaxer to achieve desired results.

When it comes to dying my hair, a visible change can only be achieved with a permanent colour. I used to have to use blond hair dye to achieve a dark-red brown. For the health of my hair, I only light 2-3 shades to dark brown colour.

I think the base colour of your hair plays a difference to. I think since you're dark brown, that you probably be able achieve your desired results. I say check out a demi-permenant dye and try it out. Please post pics.
  • mintheminthe Banned Posts: 209Banned Users
    Raizal wrote: »
    By low porosity, I think it means that the cuticles are closed so it's hard for product/chemical to penetrate the shaft. As a kid, when I used to relax my hair, I'd have to use a super relaxer to achieve desired results.

When it comes to dying my hair, a visible change can only be achieved with a permanent colour. I used to have to use blond hair dye to achieve a dark-red brown. For the health of my hair, I only light 2-3 shades to dark brown colour.

I think the base colour of your hair plays a difference to. I think since you're dark brown, that you probably be able achieve your desired results. I say check out a demi-permenant dye and try it out. Please post pics.

Oh i see. No I don't think I have a prob there. i think it may soak up too much color if anything. A demi perm is a good idea if that is the same as semi perm. I am a little bit afraid of red. I ended up buying an auburn brown color. I will see how i like that before I try burgundy. I will def post pics if I go burgundy. Thanks!
    ddkodd.jpg2jcfs6t.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file