Not another blonde natural chic.

ToAndFroToAndFro Posts: 10Registered Users
So I'm trying to decide what color I should dye my hair. I don't want to be another blonde natural chic though. I had Vivacious Red last year and it was okay. It came out darker than I expected. Blonde is the most popular color natural girls choose.

Any other ideas or options? I was thinking copper brown would be cute. There's not too many acceptable shades of color to choose from though.

Sent from my LS670

Comments

• favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    Copper brown is cute. But I wouldn't worry too much about what people think. It's your hair. You can dye it neon green and it still shouldn't matter. :) I want to dye the under part of my hair a bright color, but my hair isn't healthy enough for that. :P
  • lilbrandy89lilbrandy89 Posts: 6Registered Users
    There are many colors to choose from sweetie...Blonde is very popular because most people don't think outside the box...

I dyed some of my hair purple..I don't care what people think, it's my hair and I'll rock it how I want..do u girl don't worry about what people consider acceptable
    b82e0374-6bc0-08f2.jpg
  • ToAndFroToAndFro Posts: 10Registered Users
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies! It's funny because being natural is all about accepting you no matter what other's say. Yet, I find myself trying to decide which color is right for me based on what others may think.

Well, I won't be dying my hair purple or neon green ;) but I will pick a color that I LOVE! Thanks for reminding me why I'm natural!

Sent from my LS670
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ToAndFro wrote: »
    So I'm trying to decide what color I should dye my hair. I don't want to be another blonde natural chic though. I had Vivacious Red last year and it was okay. It came out darker than I expected. Blonde is the most popular color natural girls choose.

Any other ideas or options? I was thinking copper brown would be cute. There's not too many acceptable shades of color to choose from though.

Sent from my LS670

Not trying to criticize, but once you dye your hair, its not natural. If you're embracing your natural texture, why not embrace your natural color as well?
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    ummm, she can do whatever she likes. Why can't she color her hair? What's natural to her, may not be what's natural to you.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • DaiseeDayDaiseeDay Posts: 94Registered Users
    +1

FYI the term natural is referring to texture so she actually would still be natural. Its like saying once someone dyes their hair they're no longer a curly. They're curly just a dyed curly.
    ~ Dense, fine, low porosity ~
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    There are many colors to choose from sweetie...Blonde is very popular because most people don't think outside the box...

I dyed some of my hair purple..I don't care what people think, it's my hair and I'll rock it how I want..do u girl don't worry about what people consider acceptable
    b82e0374-6bc0-08f2.jpg

How did you get a such a vibrant colour what I assume I naturally dark brown or black hair? Did you have to bleach it prior?
  • lilbrandy89lilbrandy89 Posts: 6Registered Users
    Raizal wrote: »

b82e0374-6bc0-08f2.jpg

How did you get a such a vibrant colour what I assume I naturally dark brown or black hair? Did you have to bleach it prior?

My hair is very black...I had to bleach it.....
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    DaiseeDay wrote: »
    +1

FYI the term natural is referring to texture so she actually would still be natural. Its like saying once someone dyes their hair they're no longer a curly. They're curly just a dyed curly.
    +1 to you and your +1.

Oh and to chime in, my hair goes between nutmeg brown to titian (red-blonde) during the year, depending how I feel. I think vibrant browns can be just as attention-getting as blonde, but easier to maintain if you are not as committed.

Go for it!
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice

b82e0374-6bc0-08f2.jpg

What a yummy color!
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I personally love to play around with hair color. Though since going CG, I'm trying to make my way back to my natural color which is...blonde. :]
    I'm not talking bleach blonde. As I've gotten older it has slowly gotten darker. I'm probably around a dirty blonde, possibly a very light brown, like extremly light. My canopy also lightens up a lot naturally during the spring and summer since I spend more time outside. This part of my hair can sometimes become very blonde on their own.

Anyways, Last summer I was blonde on top (more of a golden blonde) with purpleish-burgandy underneath. A couple months ago I was bright red. Like rich auburn red. Sadly I'm lazy and I hate it when my lighter colored roots start to come in so I've decided to go back to my natural hair color. :]
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • gardencurlsgardencurls Posts: 573Registered Users
    How about a cinnamon or copper (more red-gold than brown)? Sultry and summery warm...

If blonde is the way you feel good right now, do blonde! Blonde is gorgeous on natural hair, which is why it's so popular.

I've been a hair color enthusiast since I was 13 and I've had every color imaginable. Even green (an accident - but I kinda liked it). Since starting CG last August I've only been using demi-permanent color, but it's not nearly as fun as being able to change my whole look.

So let me live vicariously, tee hee. Go hot copper! (jk)
    3b/c, Coarse, Low Porosity, Desert Climate
    CG since August 2011/Occasionally Minimally Modified since 2013
    Favorites: Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl Cleansing Conditioner, Beautiful Nutrition Cocoa Curl High Definition Moisture Gel, Beautiful Nutrition UltraLight Lime Jel Control Serum, Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Clarifying Treatment
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Copper sounds really pretty!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file