HELP! HELP! Mineral Makeup users!

HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
Does frequent usage of powdered makeup products increase the risk or occurrence of blocked tear ducts? Does anyone have any direct or indirect personal experience with this?

I use MMU every day, and I did have a couple of instances a few years ago of unexplained left eye tearing long before I ever even tried MMU. But, in the last couple of months, I have been experiencing an increase in the frequency and severity, complete now with pain and swelling around the left eye. It was really distracting during an important job interview yesterday. Really blurred my focus, literally and figuratively. I visited my dr during the worst episode to date back in November, and she sent me for a brain MRI, the results of which took the focus off my eye problem and onto another issue, which turned out to be nothing. By the time I even saw the dr, my symptoms had already subsided, but I have had the tearing on and off since, and now it's back again with a vengeance, along with some mild pain around the eye. I don't have an appt. to see my dr again until 1/26, by which time the symptoms will surely be gone. She'll probably send me for another MRI--hopefully of the face this time--which will take another 2-3 weeks. Sigh....

Anyone else with or heard of this problem? Home remedies?
OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
:lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    never had a problem but i put the makeup right into my skin. i don't swirl makeup around but truly buff it into the skin. i know bare escentuals had videos about this i watched and i think there's less waste and no powder swirling around. i rarely have any makeup fall out on my clothes or counter so keep that in mind, if you're letting it swirl around and it's all everywhere then yes it could probably get in your eyes but if you put it right into your skin (with a brush) then it shouldn't happen.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    I don't know...I get it on my brush, tap off the excess into the lid, then pat it onto my skin because the company claims swirling and buffing of Meow is not necessary. I mean, I buff just enough to spread it around evenly, but that's all. I use concealer, foundation, and glow powder.

The first time I ever experienced the tearing years ago was immediately after I began using a facial cleanser being hawked by Susan Lucci, the tagline for which was "crystals are a girl's best friend" because it allegedly contained finely ground crystals. I saw a dr at that time, too, after it happened a second time. He could tell me nothing. I stopped using the cleanser and didn't have the problem again for years. I'd assumed that I had discovered the cause. Guess not....

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never had problems either.
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Never had a problem.
    can you take a break from the mmu and see how you react?
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    Heh, heh...me without foundation...disservice to the general public. I don't have any other foundation at this time, and really can't afford to buy it. I have a difficult skin tone to match and Meow is the first foundation of any kind that I've found with an extensive enough color palette to mix into a close enough match for me to be satisfied.

Today's battle is to just work through the pain, which spiked last night when I rubbed my nose the wrong way, and has remained at an increased intensity level since. I've been using MMU for 3-4 years, almost daily. I can't imagine that all of a sudden, it's an issue. I even stopped using powdered eyeshadow as my eyeliner because I thought that might be a contributor. Had no effect.

If a tear duct is blocked, wouldn't it be counterintuitive to think that my eye would water constantly and heavily? Maybe it's something else. I think I'll request an emergency appt. with my dr. tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file