Do you ladies air dry your wet sets?

TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
If so..How long does it take it you? How long is your hair? Which wet sets do you do? Flexi rods/pin curls/rollers/braids/twists?

Thanks!
TYPE: 3C
Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
High Density, Medium Porosity
Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
Doing what I want when I want!

Comments

• KilajoKilajo Posts: 786Registered Users
    I've always airdried my roller sets. I don't do the other styles you mentioned. But I've been airdrying my rollersets for forever and at various lengths. My hair was sl mas o menos, 20 years ago, pixie cut 15 years ago, bsl-mbl throughout the 2000s and now back to a little longer than pixie length (what would that be idk el?) Anyway all that time I've done airdried roller sets. So I would always have to gauge how long it takes to dry (thick, but fine hair) and make sure I gave myself that much time.

eta: I sleep in my magnetic rollers. So my hair currently takes a few hours to dry. When it was long I would roll it around 6ish and it would be dry by the next morning around 6ish...

On my EVO
  • vthomasvthomas Posts: 9Registered Users
    Yes I airdry my rollersets. I use magnetic rollers, and air them out about 2 hours or so, then put my bonnet on and sleep in them. My hair is NL and they are dry by morning, but I have heard to allow at least 6-8 hrs depending on your hair length.

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
  • naturalgirl85naturalgirl85 Posts: 53Registered Users
    I bantu-knot my hair and leave them in for about 1/2 a day. I wash my hair in the afternoon, knot my hair, and then sleep with them in that night and take them out the next morning. This style lasts me a week. Hope this helps!
  • induetimeinduetime Posts: 105Registered Users
    Wow! Your bantu knots last a week? I also do bantu knot outs. I wash my hair in the evening after work. Let it get about halfway dry, apply styling cream and put my bantu knots in. Then I sleep with them in and take them out in the morning. I usually re-twist them every night. I have only tied it up once while it was loose. And when I woke up that morning I had to use a curling iron to touch it up a little, ugh.
    I am currently transitioning-my last Relaxer was Oct 15.

Sent from my HERO200 using CurlTalk App
  • naturalgirl85naturalgirl85 Posts: 53Registered Users
    My hair is shoulder length and I do small knots that give me a curly fro look. They end up holding so good that my curls really don't start dropping until about the 3rd day. I wear a satin bonnet every night. I think the best way to get these to hold is find products that really hold your hair style.
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    Good replies ladies thanks!
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file