I overdid it.... (Oily Hair)

curlyminmincurlyminmin Posts: 55Registered Users
I did a rollerset and flat-ironed my hair last night. Everything seemed fine until after the rollerset. My hair was so greasy! The only thing I can think of is that I used the same amount of product that I do when I wear it curly. I'm sure ur mid eye roll right now but I've used the same amount of product when I straightened my hair before and did not have this issue. So here is what I did:

1. Hot Oil Treatment
2. CoWash with Garnier Fructis Pure Clean
3. Conditon with AOWC+Oils
4. KCKT Leave In
5. Seal with Apricot Kernel and Grapeseed Oil
6. Apply AVG
7. " Phytodefrisant Relaxing Balm

I should also mention that I did not clarify. I thought it would defeat the purpose of the oil treatment. When I regularly wore my hair straight a little product went a long way. Now it that I usually wear it curly it can't get enough.

Right now I smell like a fresh baby b/c I tried to remedy the situation with baby powder -.- Hope I gave u a good laugh for the day ;)

Sent from my HERO200 using CurlTalk App
Cleanse: TRESemme Naturals
Condition: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose+Oils
Moisturize: Alaffia Beautiful Curls:Curl Enhancing Leave-In+Jojoba Oil
Seal: Apricot Kernel, Jojoba, EVOO, EVAO, Rosehip Seed, Rosemary
Style: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, KMS California Curl Control Creme

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did a hot oil treatment with EVOO the other night then followed with a shampoo. That is how I always do it and I get good results. I could never leave that much oil in my hair then most conditioners have oil in them. My suggestion would be to shampoo because I dont know if a cowash would get all that oil out of your hair.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • KilajoKilajo Posts: 786Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's what I do. I wash or cowash. Apply evco. Apply leave in (kckt or tresemme naturals). Apply grapeseed oil to seal and potentially as a heat protectant if I decide to flat iron later. Anyway, moisturized, soft, shiny hair for days. I just think maybe you used too many products...

On my EVO
  • curlyminmincurlyminmin Posts: 55Registered Users
    Thanks for all the wonderful tips. Yes I probably should have shampooed after the oil treatment. Next time I think I'll just co-wash, condition, and apply a little less leave in, grapeseed oil, and Phyto Relaxing Balm. I'm sure its gonna take a bit of experimenting. Would it be good to apply a little Aloe Vera Gel before flat ironing?

Sent from my HERO200 using CurlTalk App
    Cleanse: TRESemme Naturals
    Condition: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose+Oils
    Moisturize: Alaffia Beautiful Curls:Curl Enhancing Leave-In+Jojoba Oil
    Seal: Apricot Kernel, Jojoba, EVOO, EVAO, Rosehip Seed, Rosemary
    Style: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, KMS California Curl Control Creme

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file