Bobbi Brown foundation question

PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
I've been looking for a foundation on and off for quite a while. Today, the make-up artist at Macy's put this in warm natural on my face. I like to wear it out and see how it looks throughout the day, because I don't usually see a true representation of how it's going to look right away in the store. Anyway, I questioned her about how yellow the foundation seemed, and she said that all their foundations are yellow-based, and that is what makes them look more natural.

When I got out to my car and saw it in natural light, I looked like an oompa-loompa. It wasn't just yellow, it was decidedly orange.

Up until the point where I ran in to the nearest bathroom and wiped it off with a damp paper towel, I liked the way it felt on my skin, so the question is, did she just put the way-wrong color on me, or have other people found BB foundations to be too yellow, and if so, what have you bought instead?

I need to add, I have tried Bare Escentuals and Meow, and I think mineral foundation does not agree with my skin. It settles into all the fine lines and gaping pores, making me look worse than without.
Minneapolis, MN

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, Ive found her concealers are too orangey on me. I think it is her colors overall that are the problem, not justhe shade you wore. But try another shade just to make sure.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also tried BB concealer & bought some then & there. I didn't check it out in normal light until a couple of days later and noticed it was def orange. Haven't used it since
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Stila makes an illuminating powder foundation that I've been using for 10 years. The colors aren't as yellow as BB.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Ugh, I hate that!

Best Foundations with sunscreen
    Beautypedia - Best Products / Paula's Picks

I'm incredibly pale with pink undertones. I've been battling with mineral makeup recently since my skin is so dry. The mm makes the flakes look that much worse. A primer helped a little but not enough. I have some serious flaking going on.

I love 100% Pure's tinted moisturizer in Creme and the newest Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in fair. It's very fair and works well for me. Has light, coverage that is buildable.
    Paula's Choice has a few foundations. She also offers samples and has a great 30 day money back guarantee. PC's customer service is wonderful and makes exchanges or refunds very easy.
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Great site! Thanks for this. :))
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,171Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I also found BB much too yellow/orange for my skin. I recently discovered Nars foundations. I've tried many other foundations (tested them at Sephora and also got some little test bottles at dept. stores. Nars had the best color for me. They have a very nice range of colors and I found a perfect match.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file