CurlTalk

Halle Berry Engaged

LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
What a stunning couple. I hope this one works out for her!

Halle Berry Engaged to Olivier Martinez : People.com

Comments

• CurleeLadeeTeeCurleeLadeeTee Posts: 108Registered Users
    I hope this works out for her, she hasn't had much luck in the "stable and loving relationship" department.
    Last Relaxer: June 6, 2009
    Big Chop: December 20, 2009
    Hair Type: ultra fine strands, ultra dense, high porosity
    Co-Wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Sealers: Castor Oil, Argan Oil, Coconut Oil
    DC: Tresemme Nat. w/ EVOO
    PT: Tresemme Nat. w/ EVOO and 1 eg
    Stylers: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Long Aid, Curlz Creme Brulee
    Clarifiers: KCCC
    Leave In: Still Experimenting!!:confused3:

Curls, coils, BDBs, and cuck-a-bucks--I have them all and I love them. . .because they're mine!:afro: :love5:
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    he's so sexy. mmmmmm I love watching unfaithful:tongue10:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I dunno...I don't think marriage is a good idea for her, honestly...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • CurleeLadeeTeeCurleeLadeeTee Posts: 108Registered Users
    I dunno...I don't think marriage is a good idea for her, honestly...

I hope she has her daughter's best interest at heart. . .
    Last Relaxer: June 6, 2009
    Big Chop: December 20, 2009
    Hair Type: ultra fine strands, ultra dense, high porosity
    Co-Wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Sealers: Castor Oil, Argan Oil, Coconut Oil
    DC: Tresemme Nat. w/ EVOO
    PT: Tresemme Nat. w/ EVOO and 1 eg
    Stylers: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Long Aid, Curlz Creme Brulee
    Clarifiers: KCCC
    Leave In: Still Experimenting!!:confused3:

Curls, coils, BDBs, and cuck-a-bucks--I have them all and I love them. . .because they're mine!:afro: :love5:
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    well, i'm going to say it: she's a fool if she marries him.
    Martinez has dated a string of top models, actresses and other prominent women in the entertainment industry and has acquired a reputation as a womanizer.
    let's hope she has a long engagement or an iron clad prenup.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Let's hope the third time is the charm.
    If GP gets married again, it's her third, his second.
    btw...I didn't know they still made mirrored sunglasses...lol
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    frau wrote: »
    Martinez has dated a string of top models, actresses and other prominent women in the entertainment industry and has acquired a reputation as a womanizer.

Yeah but can't we say the same thing about her?
    Berry has dated a string of top models, actors and other prominent men in the entertainment industry and has acquired a reputation as a "man eater" (lol... WC??)

Maybe these 2 are ready to settle down! (or maybe not...this is Hollywood after all!)
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I don't think it will last. She doesn't have much luck in the marriage department. And I thought she had a rep for being slightly kway-zee. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    This one will last. I'm sure.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    LOL, I doubt it would last but I think that's okay. I thought she was against marriage, but I don't see any harm in it as long as you have prenups.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    i guess it's natural to keep wanting to love work out...

she looks really good in that pink dress!!!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    I'll just say it:
    I believe Halle Berry is a nut case...I've always thought that. Is Olivier a ho? Probably. But that don't make him crazy. If she ain't got enough sense to know her man's propensities, that's her bad. She's 46 years old. She's been around the block and she's too old to be that naive. She has access to the same info we do...and more. So, who's the fool in all of this? Olivier may need to run...from her.

When she claimed Gabriel was such a "menace" and needed supervision around Nahla, she got major side-eye from me. First off, if ANY dude called me a "ghetto Ni&&er" (along with throwin' chairs) and was verbally abusive to me and our child, there would be no "negotiations" and no "smoothing over" of anything. You don't get to see baby girl supervised/unsupervised/in shackles. It's over, son.

You keep ending up with "bad" men? Naw...it ain't the men. It's you. She's the same woman who tried to commit suicide in her car...and grabbed her dogs along for the last ride, right? What kind of "crazy" is that? The high potency kind.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    You keep ending up with "bad" men? Naw...it ain't the men. It's you. She's the same woman who tried to commit suicide in her car...and grabbed her dogs along for the last ride, right? What kind of "crazy" is that? The high potency kind.

QFTMT. I hope she's happy but given her history, I don't know...
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think Halle Berry is a gorgeous whackadoodle who can act. I don't believe in the least that this will last. Nor do I think we'd be friends if we knew each other in real life. She's nuts.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users
    All of this is based on rumor and speculation. "Crazy" is a serious label to slap on someone when we don't know the real deal.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
    Layali wrote: »
    All of this is based on rumor and speculation. "Crazy" is a serious label to slap on someone when we don't know the real deal.
    I don't think crazy is all that serious a label. It's not exactly a clinical term. Ninjarette also put crazy in quotes.

On the other hand, my use of whackadoodle definitely is a clinical term. ;)
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    I don't think crazy is all that serious a label. It's not exactly a clinical term. Ninjarette also put crazy in quotes.

Hmmm, "crazy" may not be a clinical term, but it is offensive to those who suffer from mental illness. Halle Berry has been very public about her battle with depression and suicidal tendencies so I do think it's inappropriate here. Just my opinion.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Ninjarette wrote: »
    I'll just say it:
    I believe Halle Berry is a nut case...I've always thought that. Is Olivier a ho? Probably. But that don't make him crazy. If she ain't got enough sense to know her man's propensities, that's her bad. She's 46 years old. She's been around the block and she's too old to be that naive. She has access to the same info we do...and more. So, who's the fool in all of this? Olivier may need to run...from her.

When she claimed Gabriel was such a "menace" and needed supervision around Nahla, she got major side-eye from me. First off, if ANY dude called me a "ghetto Ni&&er" (along with throwin' chairs) and was verbally abusive to me and our child, there would be no "negotiations" and no "smoothing over" of anything. You don't get to see baby girl supervised/unsupervised/in shackles. It's over, son.

I wasn't following this story, but it sounds like she probably made all of that up about Gabriel so she could get full custody? That's just shameful if she did (I'm sure similar things happen often, sadly.) What a horrible thing to do to your child.

Her daughter is beautiful.

Right.

This is a thread about a celebrity...of course it's speculation. I stand by my statement...I think she's crazy, and a whackadoodle. Why that has to turn into any level of "seriousness" is beyond me. Halle is probably somewhere with Olivier Martinez, crazy or not. She's good. Let's lighten up. It ain't that heavy. Oh and that's coming from someone who has suffered from depression.

mrspoppers, I may steal that word. I :love7: it
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • secret_karmasecret_karma Posts: 438Registered Users

Is that the guy from Unfaithful? He was yummy :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App

Hmmm, "crazy" may not be a clinical term, but it is offensive to those who suffer from mental illness. Halle Berry has been very public about her battle with depression and suicidal tendencies so I do think it's inappropriate here. Just my opinion.

Your opinion is welcome.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    I'll just say it:

I wasn't following this story, but it sounds like she probably made all of that up about Gabriel so she could get full custody? That's just shameful if she did (I'm sure similar things happen often, sadly.) What a horrible thing to do to your child.

I think she used her celebrity status to work everything in her favor. I just don't believe he's what she made him out to be. Every picture I have seen of Nahla with Gabriel shows a child who doesn't seem to fear her daddy. She looks quite comfortable with him.

Yes, Nahla is beautifull.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    I'll just say it:

I think she used her celebrity status to work everything in her favor. I just don't believe he's what she made him out to be. Every picture I have seen of Nahla with Gabriel shows a child who doesn't seem to fear her daddy. She looks quite comfortable with him.

Yes, Nahla is beautifull.

Yeah, I just saw photos of them together and the little girl looked like she was enjoying being with him.

Also, I thought she had adopted her second husband's daughter and was always calling her her daughter even after they had broken-up. Is she not in her life anymore? That had to be sad/rough for the girl to lose another mom.
    Yeah, I just saw photos of them together and the little girl looked like she was enjoying being with him.

Also, I thought she had adopted her second husband's daughter and was always calling her her daughter even after they had broken-up. Is she not in her life anymore? That had to be sad/rough for the girl to lose another mom.

Eric Benet's daughter India...I haven't heard anything about their relationship lately. He remarried and his wife just had a baby.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:

Right.

This is a thread about a celebrity...of course it's speculation. I stand by my statement...I think she's crazy, and a whackadoodle. Why that has to turn into any level of "seriousness" is beyond me. Halle is probably somewhere with Olivier Martinez, crazy or not. She's good. Let's lighten up. It ain't that heavy. Oh and that's coming from someone who has suffered from depression.

You can stand by your judgement--that's fine.

I work in mental health. There are a lot of people out there suffering from mental illness who don't seek help because of discussions like this--they are afraid of the "crazy," "whackadoodle," and "nut job" labels. Whether we are talking about a celebrity or Ray-Ray on the corner, these words diminish the disease and the person suffering from it. So yeah, to me it is that serious.
    naturally 3b/3c

Is that the guy from Unfaithful? He was yummy :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App

Yeah, that's him. He's lookin' much older, but still good looking.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:

Right.

I work in mental health. There are a lot of people out there suffering from mental illness who don't seek help because of discussions like this--they are afraid of the "crazy," "whackadoodle," and "nut job" labels. Whether we are talking about a celebrity or Ray-Ray on the corner, these words diminish the disease and the person suffering from it. So yeah, to me it is that serious.

Well, if you and others find it offensive, report it. You can always do that.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    What she's saying is that "crazy" is considered an ableist slur. Now, I don't quite agree with banning it from the lexicon in all aspects of life, because I don't think it works the same way as gender/racial/sexual slurs, but I do understand what layali is saying and why it bothers her.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg

Right.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion.

Just like people call certain celebrities fat or homely or any number of other things, they will call certain celebrities nuts. I'm sorry that you find that offensive but "offensive" things are pretty much par for the course on a message board. We're not talking about a member here having mental illness. We are talking about a random celebrity making bad choices.

Given everything I've posted about mental illness and psychiatric disorders, I find it interesting that one post about Halle Berry would the one that someone would take to heart.

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist

Right.

Well, if you and others find it offensive, report it. You can always do that.

I wouldn't report you to the mods. This is a civil exchange. You're not slinging insults at me or vice versa. I'm just letting you know that these words have power and are unfair and insulting to people with mental illness. What you do with this info is up to you. :thumbleft:
    naturally 3b/3c