CurlTalk

Asymmetrical hairline. I'm so over trying to hide it!

grew up trying to hide my hairline and in the process I just made it even worse. I'm ready to grow up and say Hey world my hairline might be different, asymmetrical, and not have pretty baby hairs to complement it but I will no longer be a slave to middle and side parting only!

I just want to post my pics here and hopefully get some support from you ladies. This is scary for me but it's time to show myself flaws and all.

PS: Don't mind my obvious heat damage. I'm also starting a plan to embrace my natural curls again!
TYPE: 3C
Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
High Density, Medium Porosity
Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
Doing what I want when I want!

Comments

• Mec1976Mec1976 Posts: 210Registered Users
    We are usually our worst critic. I seriously would not know that you think your hairline is asymmetrical! Lol ... Looks like a natural hairline :)

I bet your hair looks great curly!!
    Finally have a routine that works :toothy5:

Low Poo - 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo
    Co-Wash - V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
    RO - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Cure Care, GVPCB
    LI - KCNT
    Stylers - GF Pure Clean Gel, BTZ Noodle Head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Eco Styler Krystal, KCCC (I am a product junkie ;-) )

Wash at night, add products, plop in a t-shirt overnight, then diffuse in the morning!! It is great finally getting to sleep in :sleepy2:
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Ummmmmm at least you have a hairline. lol Sorry, lots of people don't though. Even if you're hairline was hideously malformed (which it doesn't appear to be to me :D ) you'd still be a lot better off than some folks.
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    NO I definitely get that ^. My mother has a receding hairline so I think a lot of why I read so much into it comes from her pain as well. I know there are bigger things in life to be worried about, which is why I'm letting go of this adolescent self-image issue. I guess its kind of like my new years resolution lol!
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    And thanks Mec1976. We are our own worst critics.
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    I don't see anything wrong with your hair line. I have a really bad hairline.. it's soo wonky! It looks like I have bald spots on my hairline because some of the hairs on my hairline are really fine, but then others are normal. But I don't care and I don't think it's a big deal haha.
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

britney. wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with your hair line. I have a really bad hairline.. it's soo wonky! It looks like I have bald spots on my hairline because some of the hairs on my hairline are really fine, but then others are normal. But I don't care and I don't think it's a big deal haha.

If thats you in your avy your hairline looks awesome to me! I do have definite receding/thinness/and a small missing chunk from my hairline as well. I'm glad you don't think its a big deal. I convinced myself that it was for too damn long lol. Thanks :)
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    TriMixDiva wrote: »
    NO I definitely get that ^. My mother has a receding hairline so I think a lot of why I read so much into it comes from her pain as well. I know there are bigger things in life to be worried about, which is why I'm letting go of this adolescent self-image issue. I guess its kind of like my new years resolution lol!

Oh I definitely wasn't trying to like...shame you...for worrying about your hairline. Your hairline is a big deal in YOUR life, you shouldn't have to ignore your feelings because other people have (supposedly) "bigger" deals. I didn't mean to come off like that. What I mean is...if they can rock their non-hairlines, you can definitely rock your asymmetrical hairline ;) Be strong :D
    Hah "nonhairlines". Thanks girl :)
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    I dont see anything wrong with ur hairline! I def have my dads hair and get reminded of it a lot!!!! Nice big ole widows peak thing like morticia Adams!!!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    TriMixDiva wrote: »
    britney. wrote: »

If thats you in your avy your hairline looks awesome to me! I do have definite receding/thinness/and a small missing chunk from my hairline as well. I'm glad you don't think its a big deal. I convinced myself that it was for too damn long lol. Thanks :)

Yeah that's me, my weird hairline isn't noticeable when my hair is down but when it's up it looks pretty weird. But I don't care about it and you shouldn't care about yours either cause I don't see anything wrong with yours! Other people don't notice weird flaws that we notice on ourselves so don't worry about it :)
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

Thanks ladies.. I'm taking pix down now :)