We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Asymmetrical hairline. I'm so over trying to hide it!

grew up trying to hide my hairline and in the process I just made it even worse. I'm ready to grow up and say Hey world my hairline might be different, asymmetrical, and not have pretty baby hairs to complement it but I will no longer be a slave to middle and side parting only!

I just want to post my pics here and hopefully get some support from you ladies. This is scary for me but it's time to show myself flaws and all.

PS: Don't mind my obvious heat damage. I'm also starting a plan to embrace my natural curls again!
TYPE: 3C
Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
High Density, Medium Porosity
Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
Doing what I want when I want!

Comments

  • Mec1976Mec1976 Posts: 210Registered Users
    We are usually our worst critic. I seriously would not know that you think your hairline is asymmetrical! Lol ... Looks like a natural hairline :)

    I bet your hair looks great curly!!
    Finally have a routine that works :toothy5:

    Low Poo - 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo
    Co-Wash - V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
    RO - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Cure Care, GVPCB
    LI - KCNT
    Stylers - GF Pure Clean Gel, BTZ Noodle Head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Eco Styler Krystal, KCCC (I am a product junkie ;-) )

    Wash at night, add products, plop in a t-shirt overnight, then diffuse in the morning!! It is great finally getting to sleep in :sleepy2:
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Ummmmmm at least you have a hairline. lol Sorry, lots of people don't though. Even if you're hairline was hideously malformed (which it doesn't appear to be to me :D ) you'd still be a lot better off than some folks.
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    NO I definitely get that ^. My mother has a receding hairline so I think a lot of why I read so much into it comes from her pain as well. I know there are bigger things in life to be worried about, which is why I'm letting go of this adolescent self-image issue. I guess its kind of like my new years resolution lol!
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    And thanks Mec1976. We are our own worst critics.
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    I don't see anything wrong with your hair line. I have a really bad hairline.. it's soo wonky! It looks like I have bald spots on my hairline because some of the hairs on my hairline are really fine, but then others are normal. But I don't care and I don't think it's a big deal haha.
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

    Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam



  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    britney. wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with your hair line. I have a really bad hairline.. it's soo wonky! It looks like I have bald spots on my hairline because some of the hairs on my hairline are really fine, but then others are normal. But I don't care and I don't think it's a big deal haha.

    If thats you in your avy your hairline looks awesome to me! I do have definite receding/thinness/and a small missing chunk from my hairline as well. I'm glad you don't think its a big deal. I convinced myself that it was for too damn long lol. Thanks :)
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    TriMixDiva wrote: »
    NO I definitely get that ^. My mother has a receding hairline so I think a lot of why I read so much into it comes from her pain as well. I know there are bigger things in life to be worried about, which is why I'm letting go of this adolescent self-image issue. I guess its kind of like my new years resolution lol!

    Oh I definitely wasn't trying to like...shame you...for worrying about your hairline. Your hairline is a big deal in YOUR life, you shouldn't have to ignore your feelings because other people have (supposedly) "bigger" deals. I didn't mean to come off like that. What I mean is...if they can rock their non-hairlines, you can definitely rock your asymmetrical hairline ;) Be strong :D
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    Hah "nonhairlines". Thanks girl :)
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    I dont see anything wrong with ur hairline! I def have my dads hair and get reminded of it a lot!!!! Nice big ole widows peak thing like morticia Adams!!!!!

    Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    TriMixDiva wrote: »
    britney. wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with your hair line. I have a really bad hairline.. it's soo wonky! It looks like I have bald spots on my hairline because some of the hairs on my hairline are really fine, but then others are normal. But I don't care and I don't think it's a big deal haha.

    If thats you in your avy your hairline looks awesome to me! I do have definite receding/thinness/and a small missing chunk from my hairline as well. I'm glad you don't think its a big deal. I convinced myself that it was for too damn long lol. Thanks :)

    Yeah that's me, my weird hairline isn't noticeable when my hair is down but when it's up it looks pretty weird. But I don't care about it and you shouldn't care about yours either cause I don't see anything wrong with yours! Other people don't notice weird flaws that we notice on ourselves so don't worry about it :)
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

    Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam



  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    Thanks ladies.. I'm taking pix down now :)
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file