CurlTalk

Spiral Solutions Repairing Protein Treatment

CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 540Registered Users
LOVE this stuff! I purchased it because my hair seems to really like protein and it got great reviews at Curlmart.

Before this treatment I had tried K-Pac's protein treatment and wasn't a fan. It left my hair really limp and stringy so I was nervous about trying a new protein treatment on my hair. The stuff they sell at Sally's wasn't nice in my hair either. Well, Spiral Solutions Protein Treatment was wonderful!

When I got out of the shower my hair was full of big clumps and just felt awesome - like it have been infused with something nourishing and suddenly had more bulk (without being heavy). A good thing if you have fine hair. I also didn't need to use much conditioner afterwards. My hair is very low porosity - I probably could have gotten away with just using the treatment.

I wish I had ordered more Spiral Solutions products during the sale. This is what my hair has been craving. So far, thumbs up!!:p

Edit: Info on my hair: 3A, fine, low porosity. Medium/thick.

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    Love it! By far my favorite protein treatment/conditioner. I use it every which way - as my regular rinse-out (don't even follow with anything else), a touch as a leave-in and as a longer actual protein treatment. My hair loves it and never seems to get tired of it.

BTW, welcome back - haven't seen you around in a long time! When I first joined you and your curls in your siggie were my hair hero!
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    My hair is fine/low porosity, too. The K-Pak has mineral oil in it. My hair HATES mineral oil. It may have been why you didn't like it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 540Registered Users
    WurlyLox wrote: »
    Love it! By far my favorite protein treatment/conditioner. I use it every which way - as my regular rinse-out (don't even follow with anything else), a touch as a leave-in and as a longer actual protein treatment. My hair loves it and never seems to get tired of it.

BTW, welcome back - haven't seen you around in a long time! When I first joined you and your curls in your siggie were my hair hero!

I think I am going to continue to experiment with this stuff. It didn't occur to me to add some to my leave in, but that's a great idea!

Thanks for welcoming me back. I come and go depending on what I'm up to - sometimes I only have time to stop by and read - but I really enjoy seeing how people's hair has changed over the years. It's nice to bump into the regulars! :)
    kathymack wrote: »
    My hair is fine/low porosity, too. The K-Pak has mineral oil in it. My hair HATES mineral oil. It may have been why you didn't like it.

Must be. I thought my hair could stand mineral oil though because I use Curly Hair Solutions - Silk Protein (which has mineral oil in the ingredients) and never had a problem with it. Maybe they use a lot less or formulate the end product differently. Either way, I now have sometime ten times better now! Yippee!!
  • wendi.wendywendi.wendy Posts: 174Registered Users
    CalamityM wrote: »
    When I got out of the shower my hair was full of big clumps and just felt awesome - like it have been infused with something nourishing and suddenly had more bulk (without being heavy).

YES. This ^ is exactly how all of the SS products affect my hair, and I love it! I couldn't describe it any better. Pretty much everything she sells is a HG for me, although I need more protein spray & emollience. :love2:
    ~ Wendi in IL
    3a - fine, colored hair w/normal porosity (loves protein!)
    CG since March 2010
    Co-Wash: V05, Suave or Cure Care
    Low Poo: Desert Essence
    Condish: GVP Balm, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening

Leave-In: Cure Care, KCKT
    Styler: SS FHG, Re-Coil, LALSG, BRHG

CalamityM wrote: »
    When I got out of the shower my hair was full of big clumps and just felt awesome - like it have been infused with something nourishing and suddenly had more bulk (without being heavy).

YES. This ^ is exactly how all of the SS products affect my hair, and I love it! I couldn't describe it any better. Pretty much everything she sells is a HG for me, although I need more protein spray & emollience. :love2:

I'm starting to think that Spiral Solutions is a fine haired girls dream! I'm planning my next order already....