Crockpot Cuisine: Middle Eastern Meatlof

The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
I made this. It was too sweet for me (even though I omitted the raisins). The texture was also too bready. If I make this again, I'll reduce the amount of bread crumbs. I thought I'd share:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2¼lb (1 kg) [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ground beef (mince meat)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2 onions, [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]finely diced[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3 tsp [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]crushed ginger ([/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]we used ginger out of a bottle)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3 tsp [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]crushed garlic (we used garlic out of a bottle)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2 tsp[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]cumin [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]or alternatively curry powder[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1 tsp [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nutmeg[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1 tsp [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]cinnamon[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1 tbls [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]white wine vinegar[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]½ cup [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]honey[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]½ cup [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]sultanas (golden raisins)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]½ cup (140g) [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]tomato paste[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3 cups [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]bread crumbs[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]½ cup [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]plain flour[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]½ cup [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]p[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]arsley, [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]finely chopped[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]½ cup [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]mint, [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]finely chopped[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3 [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]eggs, [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]lightly beaten[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Method[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Make two long strips of aluminium foil, long enough to sit in the crock pot and overhang at sides. Place them in the crock pot so that they form a cross on the bottom of the pot. When the meat loaf is cooked you will use this to remove it from the crock – so make sure the ends are long enough to gather on top of the loaf.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Place all ingredients in a very large mixing bowl.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mix with hands (yes – will need to get those hands dirty for this one) until well combined.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Shape with hands into a large round meatloaf about ½ an inch smaller than your crock pot.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Place loaf into crock pot, on top of the aluminium foil strips. An ensuring loaf is not touching sides of crock.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on Low OR 5 hours on High.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]7.[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Remove from crock pot using aluminium strips as handles. Cut into slices and enjoy with roast vegetables or steamed vegetables and mashed potato.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Notes[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Serves 8-10[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Absolutely delicious.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Everyone who has tried it has asked for the recipe.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Also fantastic served cold the next day. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Sounds yummmmmy!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file