We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I cut my long curly hair and now there are no curls!

I had long curly hair all the way down my back. My roots were wavy and they were curly at the ends. Recently I cut my hair to my shoulders, and there is no sign of curl anymore, at all. My hair is mostly straight, like bed head. What do i do? are there products that can help? hopeless? I had 2b or 2c hair, a mix of waves and curls.

Comments

• MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    This can often happen when you take off length. Sometimes the hair has a "freak-out" period after a cut and then will return to normal later. Also, sometimes you will lose curl for a while with shorter hair. I find that getting a really good, slightly layered cut from a stylist who understands curly hair is key. That ended up being the key to my short hair looking its best.

Also, what are your properties? What techniques/products are you currently using?
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file