CurlTalk

What's for dessert?

goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
I just made a pan of brownies. My husband doesn't like chocolate. Help me, I'm ready to go grab my third!
Poodlehead wrote:
Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:

Comments

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    I didn't finish my dinner and everything tastes bland because I'm sick, but I sure could go for a brownie right now.

I need to bake something tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Can't help you. I can't resist brownies. This is why I don't bake.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    Other people must be eating dessert!

I grabbed a third. I made them with slightly more flour this time to see how if would alter the consistency. I definitely like them more with the less flour. Yet I still can't stop myself! I also skipped adding chocolate chips (I'm almost out). Why am I eating so many!?
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Ask me next week, I'm still recuperating from holiday sweets!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,777Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    Ask me next week, I'm still recuperating from holiday sweets!

Ditto!

Cottage cheese and fresh pineapple for me tonight!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I had brownies too. Yum.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    Apparently I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I've got these in the oven:

Quick and easy fudge mocha brownies recipe - The Perfect Pantry®

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere brownies get rid of body aches, stopped up ears, coughing, congestion and all over crap-tastic feeling so I'll let ya know how it turns out. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users
    I'm another one that's recovering from all the holiday junk. I may have a pudding cup for dessert tonight...I already had an Andes mint and will probably grab another. They're so tasty!

Good for you Spring. Chocolate is full of antioxidants! Those brownies are sure to make you feel better :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    The holiday sweets just make me crave more sweets :)

How are the brownies Spring?
    Poodlehead wrote:
    They were a little dry, but certainly edible. I've got another recipe I prefer, but these were pretty quick and with a little vanilla ice cream it hit the spot. :)

I may go rogue and have one for breakfast. Such a rebel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I plan to eat one for breakfast :) I'm the only one eating them - who cares if it takes me 2 days or 5 days to eat the pan ;)
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users
    We went out for my birthday last night so we split creme brulee and chocolate souffle cake. The creme brulee came with a chocolate chip cookie and the cake came with pistachio ice cream, which I'd never had before. Both desserts were good but the souffle cake was really awesome.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    This is tonight's (and breakfast as well):

Jasmine-infused kasutera/castella:

48e3b115-c06d-b953.jpg

48e3b115-c0d2-8c95.jpg

Because of the jasmine infusion, it doesn't have as pretty and striking a golden, sunny crumb, but the jasmine flavor works really well with the honey.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Happy Birthday Diana!

Saria, I knew I could count on you. Pictures & all :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    My family and I have slowly been picking away at a box of petit fours my grandmother buys us every Christmas. That and the last of the Christmas cookies both made and received. Some ended up being trashed because they became dry and crumbly. :sad5:

My girls got a donut hole/cake pop maker for Christmas so that may bring added treats this weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

I think I might go get peppermint milkshake to have with a brownie. Mmmmm :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    My husband doesn't like chocolate either! Weird, huh? I had something called a turtle brownie last night. A chocolatey brownie topped with marshmallow creme, toasted salted pecans, caramel syrup. Sooo good!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    I hate to jinx myself by typing this, but I do feel better today.

Brownies are miracle workers, people.

I plan on having one for dessert after dinner as well. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Raisin toast and cinnamon spiced hot cocoa.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    I had a couple of peanut butter cookies frosted with nutella.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • RobinP92202RobinP92202 Posts: 213Registered Users
    Had a couple of peanut butter cup "bells" from the freezer. I stashed a bunch of christmas candy in the freezer for when my sweet tooth hits ;)

Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    Robin
    *mama to 3 little boys and a 4th due in early March
    *3a shoulder length curls
    *experimenting with the CG method
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    My daughter made "York" peppermint patties and we each got to try them. They're pretty close to the real thing.
    Minneapolis, MN
    They didn't have any peppermint shakes :(

Poodle that sounds yum!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Meh, I can take or leave chocolate. It's way back on the list when it comes to sweets, which my younger self would have found shocking. I don't dislike it by any means, but it's rarely what I crave. So, I totally side with the husbands here. ;)

Thankfully the people in my life aren't huge chocoholics either, since I almost never make things like brownies or chocolate chip cookies. But I do love cacao nibs and do make lots of cacao nib-containing cookies. :D
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    I actually cut out chocolate for over a year. I found myself falling for cinnamon & caramel during that time. I now prefer non-chocolate desserts but I didn't have much in the pantry aside from baking squares begging to be used. Brownies are so quick & easy for me to make. I use one pot so it worked well for me last night :)

But I can now appreciate my non-chocolate eating husband. Though i can't understand passing up a hot out of the oven fresh baked homemade chocolate chip cookie!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    We *might* go out for dessert :) Oh I hope we do!!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Another brownie for me.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Brownie and ice cream again. I'm certainly not complaining!

Wait, maybe I am.. because last night Mr. Spring got dessert for us and y'all (brace yourselves) he did NOT warm the brownie up before putting ice cream in the bowl. Who DOES THAT!?! I'm not even sure who I'm married to any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know how you're going to feel about this, but I don't eat brownies with ice cream at all!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg