A little help?? New To makeup

CurlyTee21CurlyTee21 Posts: 78Registered Users
Sooo I'm new to makeup I have no idea what goes where lol besides mascara and eye liner.. I kinda want to start experimenting with it just to see if I like it.. Can someone give me the basics of what goes where and the products u like.. I'm basically just asking for ur makeup routine an the order u apply ur makeup products.. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Comments

• 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    I start off on clean, moisturized skin. I apply makeup primer to my face, apply liquid foundation and let it set for a minute and add eyeshadow, if I am wearing any, fill in my brows with powder, add bronzer or blush to my cheeks, put a translucent setting powder over it all, then add lipstick or lipgloss.

That sounds so generic, and maybe sounds like a lot if you are new to makeup, but it only takes 20 minutes most days. Maybe if you ask more specific question we can be more helpful, like "where does highlighter go?" or "how do I contour my face (that question has been asked and answered recently)?" or "what is the best formulation of concealer for me?"

Also, there are some helpful youtube vids for basic application, contouring the face, etc. Sometimes it is helpful to see it being done, because "apply to the apples of your cheeks" doesn't always translate.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's sort of a broad question. How about starting with an area of the face that you'd like to focus on first? Eyes? Lips? Cheeks?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Last summer I decided I wanted to get more serious about my makeup application, so I purchased 20 or so elf mineral shadows. Once they arrived I was in love, but I didn't have a clue as to how to apply them! So I hopped on youtube and searched for "elf mineral shadow tuturial" and stumbled upon a girl who kind of looked like me, and the rest is history. I subscribed to her channel and the channels of a few of her friends on youtube and have literally spent the last few months learning ALL about makeup application. I've learned so much that I even started my own channel yesterday doing some tutorials and hauls and things! My point? Youtube. Do a search for "beginner makeup" or something like that and then just scope out the pictures for girls who look like they know what they are doing..lol. If there is an exact product that you'd like to use go ahead and search for tutorials with that product listed in the tags. You'll find lots of reviews and tutorials that way too. Good Luck!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Posts: 791Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Last summer I decided I wanted to get more serious about my makeup application, so I purchased 20 or so elf mineral shadows. Once they arrived I was in love, but I didn't have a clue as to how to apply them! So I hopped on youtube and searched for "elf mineral shadow tuturial" and stumbled upon a girl who kind of looked like me, and the rest is history. I subscribed to her channel and the channels of a few of her friends on youtube and have literally spent the last few months learning ALL about makeup application. I've learned so much that I even started my own channel yesterday doing some tutorials and hauls and things! My point? Youtube. Do a search for "beginner makeup" or something like that and then just scope out the pictures for girls who look like they know what they are doing..lol. If there is an exact product that you'd like to use go ahead and search for tutorials with that product listed in the tags. You'll find lots of reviews and tutorials that way too. Good Luck!
    Youtube is a great resource for begininger make up. There are some super simple tutorials on there using products that won't break the bank. Other search terms you might want to try: high school make up, college make up, budget make up. Even if you aren't in high school or college, most of these tutorials focus on products that can be found in a drugstore/won't break the bank and don't use a lot of brushes (some people find multiple brush looks intimidating).

Also, don't spend a ton of money in the beginning and focus on getting a feel of what things can do. If you have a huge budget, by all means go to a department store and have someone walk you through different things, but if you don't Wet n Wild's color icon palettes is cheap and good quality, ELF makes some really nice brushes (usually from 1-4 dollars), l'oreal makes great mascaras (and you can usually find them on sale too!), etc.
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    BTW Wet N Wild cosmetics are on sale at Rite aid for 40% I stocked up on ALL the palettes! lol...Love them!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Here's an explanation and video instruction on basic makeup application.

Makeup Application Step-by-Step - : Paula's Choice Skin Care & Cosmetics
  • JimBJimB Posts: 5Registered Users
    Make up is commonly use by women in order to make them looks beautiful and also to cover their emotion but improper using of make have also bad effect on skin so you need to take care of using it.
  • pe476206pe476206 Posts: 117Registered Users
    I would suggest starting off with a powder foundation instead of a liquid foundation. I find liquid foundation the hardest of all foundations to get used to applying. Powder is very easy to apply and it can also work as your setting powder. Great two in one product. I think blush is one of the most important makeup products because it can give you a healthy glow to your skin. It can brighten up the complexion. I would first get a blush that is close to your natural flush. This way your blush will never look overdone. Powder blush is the easiest blush to apply and works for all skin tones. The last product, I would suggest getting is a lip product. It does not matter what kind it is. I would get one that is one shade darker than your natural lip color. I feel when you are starting to expand your makeup, its important to start slowly. Too much makeup at first, can make you end up looking like a clown. If you feel that you want an eye shadow then I would suggest getting a neutral eye shadow. They can be worn every time of the day. I remember first starting off with a colored eye shadow but I never wear them much. I feel I just end up wasting my money and I had to spend more money than I really had to on makeup. I hope this helps. I know everyone has a different opinion on this area.
    Fine hair, 3a/3b
    Shampoo: switching from a couple
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences totally twisted conditioner
    Deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute miracle
    Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file