Will Keratin treatments permantly change my curl if I decide to go back to curly?

I am considering Keratin treatment since I tend to get my hair blown out once a week and I am spending too much money to keep my hair straight. But my concern is it will permanently change my curl pattern and texture if I decide to go back to curly and I love the way my natural curls are. Don't want to permanetly change or damage them.

Comments

• LaursLaurs Posts: 39Registered Users
    I had kerastraight in may 2011 and can not speak highly enough! It didn't take my curl away, but de frizzed when air dryer and was just amazing when rough dryer it fell to a slight wave with silky straight ends, and to blow dry straight was cut from 45-1 hour down to 15mins! <br />
    It has only over the past 2months completely washed out but even now I can still feel the benefit when blow drying. <br />
    I would recommend it on white curly hair anyway as I love it, saving up for my next treatment!
  • LaursLaurs Posts: 39Registered Users
    this is my hair before kerastraight natural<br />
    02d9137c-9f0b-9181.jpg<br />
    <br />
    And after kerastraight, ruff dryed with a little tonging<br />
    02d9137c-9ed4-813b.jpg
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    murphy617 wrote: »
    I am considering Keratin treatment since I tend to get my hair blown out once a week and I am spending too much money to keep my hair straight. But my concern is it will permanently change my curl pattern and texture if I decide to go back to curly and I love the way my natural curls are. Don't want to permanetly change or damage them.

I've been DIY BKTing for over 2 years and, yes, my curl pattern is now permanently relaxed, but that's perfectly fine with me. I've used QOD Max and Gold original formulas exclusively the entire time.
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • doudaadoudaa Posts: 18Registered Users
    hi laurs
    I have a question for you. I have 3b hair and I love my curls. sometimes I like to blow dry them straight with some curls. the problem is that it takes forever,then it become so frizzy when I go out after a while.
    I had keratin done 2 years ago. I liked the fact that it took only 10 mn to blow dry it and it would stay frizz free till the next wash. What I hated was the limp curls and no volume in the roots ( really reall bad!) when I air dried.
    I m thinking of doing the kerastraight and I wanted to know if you lost a lot of volume and did it change your curl pattern dramatically.
    I really wanna do it since a hairdresser went crazy on my hair and now it doesnt look right. I need to do something till it grows back.
    thank you
    3b hair, low poo
    shampoo: bioderma sulfate free once every 10 days or so.
    co wash: garnier triple nutrition.
    condish: garnier triple nutrition, garnier ultra doux with avocado and shea butter.
    leave in: same as condish.
    DT: phyto anti age.
    oil treatment: phyto huile d ales, coconut oil, argan oil.
    styling: vivelle clear gel, l oreal curlpower mousse
  • acarricoacarrico Posts: 60Registered Users
    Hey, I had 2 brazilian blowouts done over a year ago (October) and I still do not have my curls back. The area done twice is the loosest and then I have my "lovely" (sarcasm!!) natural roots. It is a bit nightmarish now to style and I kind of regret getting them. They were fantastic at the time but I just can't keep spending that kind of money on my hair. And the issues with the formeldyhyde (sorry, that is spelled wrong) are a problem. I would be cautious if you want your curls back. The WHOLE reason I tried the BB was because it was temporary -- but it ISN'T. I am slowly but surely cutting off the ends until it is gone. EXACTLY what I had to do with the relaxer. Trying desperately to go natural now...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file