Jojoba Beautiful.

elibethelibeth Registered Users Posts: 6
Hey everyone, I'm searching online for an online shop that has jojoba for cheap (larger size, lower price) anyone know a website that offers this?
Thanks

Comments

• HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    California Gold has a reasonable price (shipping is included in the 4 & 8 oz.) and I think the website is great, has lots of info about jojoba. But the best part is that you can order free samples of 4 products for $3 shipping, this includes 1 oz. of the oil (many uses!) plus samples of their shampoo, CO and body lotion.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • tschocktschock Registered Users Posts: 101
    HalfWavy...thanks for posting this link! I am going to order the free samples. Have you tried the shampoo and conditioner? If so, how do you like it?
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    I ordered the sample pack, too. I've been wanting to try jojoba oil.

HWHC, you'll have to ask for a commission!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Brio wrote:
    I ordered the sample pack, too. I've been wanting to try jojoba oil.

HWHC, you'll have to ask for a commission!
    I know, right? :lol: I have spread the word about so many things already if I had just a small percentage of the profits I could buy myself things I need but can't afford! Lately I've been thinking of starting my own website so I can have adds there and really make money out of the products I recommend all the time!

tshock:

No, I haven't but have been very tempted to, even the other nightwhen I told you about it I almost got my c/c to order the samples but at the last moment, out of sheer discipline decided not to order because I already have j.o. (besides 3 other oils) and since I add it to practically everything I figured there was really no good reason to. In the back of my mind I keep wondering if the quality of this one may be superior to the one I'm going to postpone trying to find out.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

• orangeserendipity32orangeserendipity32 Registered Users Posts: 313 Curl Connoisseur
    OOOH! Thanks for the info HWHC! I just ordered the sample. Let the hair recipes begin...LOL! I was thinking of making a sea salt spray-do you think the jojoba oil would be good in that?
    2c?/low-med porosity/medium texture
    Cruelty Free & CG
    Winter Routine:
    Co-wash: As I Am or Nubian Heritage Indian hemp and Tamanu
    Low-Po: Acure Argan Oil and Pumpkin Mega Moisture
    Condish: Acure "
    LI: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers: Mop Top curling Custard, Max Green Alchemy scalp rescue sculpting gel, Dermorganics spray gel as finisher, SOTC w/ Curls passion fruit control paste
    Refresh w/: Shea Moisture coconut hibiscus hold and shine mist and jojoba oil
    DT:  A variety of Shea Moisture 

http://public.fotki.com/orange32
    pw=ringlet
    I ordered the sample pack from California Gold on Thursday. My products arrived in the mail two days later on Saturday!

I thought I was getting a 1 oz. sample of the oil, but I got 2 oz.! Wow!!!!! 2 oz. would probably cost me about $8 at the health food store.

When I finish experimenting with some new styling products I am trying out, I'll try out the conditioner and let you all know what I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • JolieCurlsJolieCurls Registered Users Posts: 92
    Jeez...as if I didn't already have enough stuff for my hair - I ordered the sample pack as well!
    :bunny:2b/3a/3b botticelli curls, medium fine, medium coarse

Photos: http://www.fotki.com/joliecurls
    Brio:

You got 2 oz.??? And so soon? Wow! I'm speechless! (Taking a moment to find words...) Please DO let us know how you like the products, I'm dying to know!

orangeserendipity32:

Yes, the j.o. could compensate for any drying effect the E.s. may have, I'm now using home made flax seed gel with E.s. so I also added a few drops of j.o. In fact, I've added mine to a couple of cheap COs and a body lotion and when I take the crunch off any styling product I first rub a couple of drops of it in my hands to minimize any chance of creating frizz.

Brio:

You got 2 oz.??? And so soon? Wow! I'm speechless! (Taking a moment to find words...) Please DO let us know how you like the products, I'm dying to know!

I was shocked, too, especially considering the products came from CA and I live in NC!

I did a deep treatment yesterday with 1 part shea butter to 1 part jojoba oil. Another poster recommended this. I hope they forgive me, but I can't recall who. I used the lemonaid recipe from the CG book to remove the excess. I think it was helpful for my hair.

I look forward to experimenting more. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

JolieCurls wrote:
    Jeez...as if I didn't already have enough stuff for my hair - I ordered the sample pack as well!

I know. It's downright gluttonous at times, at least for me!

I keep saying I'm going to use up some stuff and then I hear about some great new product someone used, and I just know it's going to be the HG I'm looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Sorry but I don't really have any more ideas other than what I already mentioned in my previous post. However, the website where you ordered the samples has extensive info and more ideas, just go to the "Products" page.

I received my samples earlier this week (really fast shipping from CA to PA) and I tried them out this morning. I love jojoba oil, I've been using it in my hair and on my face for a little while now. They give you a generous sample so I just added it to my stash!

Now on to the shampoo and conditioner: I've been doing co washes for a while, but wanted to try all the products to get the full experience :D , so I used the shampoo. It is a very thin consistency and does not lather up. I just put it on and scrubbed and rinsed out. The conditioner is very nice...really thick and moisturizing (which is good for my thick 2C hair). I put in a few drops of the oil as a leave-in...nothing else, which is really unusual for me. I always use a leave-in! Then I plopped for about 15 minutes, used Tizz No Frizz gel and diffused to about 75% dry. My hair is soft, curly/wavy, and no frizz. I'm really impressed with these products. I can't believe I got such good results with no leave-in. I would definitely order full sizes of the shampoo and conditioner.

The hand and body lotion is also really nice!! :D
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
    tschock:

Thanks for your detailed review. That's it! Need it or not my inner PJ is taking over :twisted: so these samples are getting ordered now!!!!

The ingredients page shows that the shampoo is a very mild one, main ingredient is cocamidopropyl betaine. The hand and body lotion sounds like something I would put in my hair as well so when I get my samples I'm going to try it out that way. :)

Guess what, they just raised the sample price to $4. I just noticed this thread has gotten 341 views, if we deduct the ones from those of us who have posted that still leaves a lot of other curlies and maybe a good number decided to order without posting here. Perhaps the website got an expect sudden rush of orders and the $3 was to little to defray costs. I still want my samples but now the dumb server won't let me complete the transaction, I keep getting an "error" message! :roll: I'm beginning to think God is trying to stop me from being so product greedy. Tonight I went to Wal-mart and brought home yet another leave-in...
    :oops:

HWHC: That's a bummer about the price going up. Still not a bad deal, though. They give you a pretty generous size of the pure jojoba oil. I actually sent them a check via snailmail and still had the stuff within a few days. I hope you can get your order in!

Oh, and just a word of warning about the shampoo that I forgot to mention before....it's a very thin consistency and I ended up dumping a lot of it out into the shower by accident. :( I wasn' expecting it to come out of the bottle that fast! Oh well, the products are nice and I will probably order the full sizes soon!
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file