How do I keep my hair moisturized through the night without baggying?

Runna4LifeRunna4Life Registered Users Posts: 112
So, I've finally found how to moisturize my hair. My moisturizer is aloe vera juice+conditioner and my sealant is jojoba oil. Is jojoba is good sealant by the way?
I sleep with a satin bonnet at night, and somehow, it's always somewhat dry, not majorly though. I cowash in the morning anyway, but should I be worried about keeping it really moisturized at night? Can I moisturize, seal and be done with it without baggying evernight? I baggy twice a night anyway.
Thank you!

Comments

• BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Curl Neophyte
    Dang, I was about to suggest baggying. LoL!

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Registered Users Posts: 1,194
    Whatever oil you use for sealing depends on you and your hair. Jojoba is too light for me and tends to make my hair crunchy on it's own so I dilute it with a heavier carrier oil like castor.

From what little you said it doesn't seem like you should be worried about dryness in the morning since you co-wash anyway and you shouldn't need to baggy that frequently unless you have major hair damage.
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    Do you post a new thread everyday? Anyway, if you're cowashing every morning, there's no need to baggy every night.
    I baggy infrequently and even with my lowwww porosity, I don't need to do it more than twice a week once a month (usually post-henna). I also like doing the greenhouse effect treatment. Have you tried that? Give it a go (please note, there is already a thread about it, so if you're interested, there's no need to make a new thread). I use mahabhringraj oil.
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • ReekyReeky Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    LOL!
    sometimes, I think people do to much.. when I "moisturize" I spritz with plain ole water and seal that in with a heavy oil. Jojoba is too light for me.
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • nana_banananana_banana Registered Users Posts: 735
    Unless your hair is dry and crunchy like the sahara dessert, I don't think you should be worried.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    I dont understand why you would worry about moisture overnight if you cowash every day. I hope that was a mistype about how much you baggy. It is possible to overcondition your hair. I have to done it many times and had to get a protein treatment to rescue my hair.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file