Year in Review: How was 2011 for you?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Any major events in your life this year? Good or bad. Discuss the not-so-major events, too, if you like. How was your year in general?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I experienced many losses in 2011 and am looking forward to 2012 being better. In fact, I'm staying up until midnight just to make sure 2011 leaves. :)

My son reminded me that according to the Mayan's, this is our last New Years Eve. So everyone should make it a good one!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Good - my new job - much more interesting, my boss is such a great guy AND appreciates what i do and tells me so, plus it was more money!

The Bad - still single - a bunch of nice dates with some interesting guys and a couple of not-so-nice dates with jerks
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I reached most of my goals. It was a good year: I did great in vet school, started seriously working on business projects/ideas, saved money, improved time management.
    Northern Colombia.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Not so great. Not to get into details but I'm looking forward to a new year and leaving everything bad behind.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    2011 was a relatively quiet year for me. 2010 ended with three deaths in my family in three weeks, so quiet was appreciated. Still single, but didn't do a lot of dating. I think this was more of a year for me to re-group and figure out what I want. Joined a second choir and dramatically increased my time training at the do jang (Tang Soo Do). So it was a year of trying to take care of myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Overall for me, personally, 2011 was a great year. I got married in July, found out I'm going to be an aunt in September (baby will be here in the Spring), and I started a new job November 1st.

There were some terrible things in my extended family that have definitely affected me, but overall it was a good year.

• Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    My weight is under control and I'm involved in a great bible study. I really like my job in that I have a decent salary and earning potential. I have a great work schedule and pace.

But I'm still alone and as long as that's my situation, I'll be unhappy. I want to hope it will be different in 2012, but the reality is that I've given up. So this time next year, I'll be responding the same way.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Overall this year was great. Moved across country to a state I'd never even visited (CA) so I had no idea what to expect and so far I really love it here. The only negative is working out a way to go visit family in GA is proving difficult and I miss them terribly, terribly bad. I'll never get this time back and nobody is getting any younger.

Personal life is really great and although my health isn't the greatest, it could be much worse so I remind myself of that and keep on keepin' on. :)

Here's hoping 2012 is even better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mine was pretty crappy, one of if not my worst year ever.

I'm looking forward to a new year, and hoping it's a new beginning.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • YomYom Posts: 1,146Registered Users Curl Novice
    Crappy year!
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Modified CG since 08/10/2007
    http://public.fotki.com/Curly-Y/ (updated september 6)
    pw: currrly
  • guinnessguinness Posts: 351Registered Users
    Mostly terrible. I lost my dad and both grandmothers. I have a new niece, and that helps. I hope next year is less bitter, more sweet. I'm very thankful for my husband, not sure where I'd be without him.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A really great year for me, and I truly appreciate it after a string of awful ones.

Feeling healthy and strong - what could be better than that! New job that is working out with a boss that I like. Not having to count every single penny is a great blessing.

Also, I am much happier with myself because I was able to discipline myself more to exercise and keep my apt. neat and I'm very proud of that because it's hard for me to do those things. I hope to do even better in 2012 :thumbup:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    S.U.C.K.E.D.

One of the worst, if not *the* worst, of my adult life. :sad11:
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • LeeMayhemLeeMayhem Posts: 98Registered Users
    The Goods: I have a job, my 2nd niece was born, I lost some wieght,I realized who my true friends are, I saw fake family members for the snakes they are.

The Bad: Whatever "bad" happened is a "good" because I turned it into a learning experience : )
    3c Hair
    Wash:Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse
    Condition/Leave In:Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styler:Kinky Curly Custard
    Moisture/Shine:Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
    Deep Treatment:Kinky Curly Midnight Miracle
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Honeycurls wrote: »
    S.U.C.K.E.D.

One of the worst, if not *the* worst, of my adult life. :sad11:

+1000. Here's to 2012 being the BEST year of our adult life honeycurls:occasion5:!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    This year was actually quite good: I got married, moved into our first house, and had a beautiful daughter! I'm. Looking forward to the great things of 2012!

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    It totally kicked my ass. Broke, unemployed and unexpectedly (but not really) single.

Yay 2012.

Oh sheesh, y'all. 'Tis my phone!
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• ThickHairedQTThickHairedQT Posts: 542Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pretty good year. I realized that some people(friends and family) needed to be cut out my life, my SO and I moved to a new area, we did a nice amount of travelling, and we found out we're expecting. 2012 looks exciting.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It was better than the previous years, mostly quiet.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Not bad, not great. So-so. But then, that's what our entire lives are like, isn't it? Peaks and valleys. I hesitate to say that 2012 will be a good year for me because the lowest of my lows is a pending foreclosure that may take until the summer to resolve, unless I'm able to do a short sale or a deed in lieu.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cympreni wrote: »
    It was better than the previous years, mostly quiet.

Mine too.
  • divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    2011 was average. Work sucked for the first half of the year due to a confluence of events, but is much better now.

I had a failed romance which really really disappointed me. On the upside though, I used it to really examine what I am looking for in a partner and I have a much better idea of what I want now. Looking forward to a third date with a new guy tomorrow :)
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    It was a good year for me - definitely better than prior years!

In general, school went well, although at the time it was very stressful and scary, and I was convinced I was going to fail every class. :lol: My sister graduated from college/got a job, but is still living at home for now, which I've really enjoyed this past year - it's been great having her around! Of course, I had an awesome summer in France, and then even more fun with friends/family once I got home. My grandfather's heart attack was scary at the time, but he's doing awesome now, and the entire family (including out of town relatives) got to spend the holidays together.

But there were downs, too - BF broke up with me over the summer (which, if I'm being honest, was a total blessing in disguise), I lost scholarship money, and some other family members are starting to deteriorate (health-wise) - which is really difficult to watch! But honestly, I don't have much to complain about.

Here's to 2012!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Horrible year. Broke with my bf of 2.5 years and experienced probably the worst emotional pain I've ever felt. I have a serious goal to move to a new city this year and some work related goals that I'm excited about. It means this pc girl is getting a Mac! I am looking forward to a productive year, no more slacking for me!
    This year was actually quite good: I got married, moved into our first house, and had a beautiful daughter! I'm. Looking forward to the great things of 2012!

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

Awesome : )
    3c Hair
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eh, pretty good year. Everyone in my immediate family is alive and kicking, so there I am blessed. Got back into my work out junkie frame of mind. After 32 years of wanting... I SAW PRINCE IN CONCERT!!! That was a moment of pure joy. Here comes the "Eh". After 12 years of wondering if I would ever fall in love again, I did. Head over heels with a man I had "kind of" known (co workers of sorts) for 8 years. Sadly, I learned not once, but twice (just in case I had doubts about the first time? wtf) that he is never satisfied and is rarely honest. With himself or anyone else. It crushed my previous opinion of him, and that hurt most of all BUT lesson learned. I'm happy to still be learning and though that journey was a complete train wreck, I know that I absolutely can love again. And mark my words... will love again. Here's to 2012!
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Went through deployment to Afghanistan with my SO, broke up with said SO, tried again and he effed up again (shocker..)
    Am broke as a mofo because of school.
    Brighter side: finally fulfilled my dream of being a student at the age of 25
    Am extremely excited about a crush Ive had for the past 6 months potentially turning into something wonderful
    Have strengthened my amazing circle of friends whom without I couldnt have gotten through the first point
    Went on a trip to a country I never thought I'd visit and absolutely fell in love with it, and can't wait to go back!

Posted from my "smart"phone. 'Scuse crazy typos
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
    Narnia wrote: »
    Went through deployment to Afghanistan with my SO, broke up with said SO, tried again and he effed up again (shocker..)
    Am broke as a mofo because of school.
    Brighter side: finally fulfilled my dream of being a student at the age of 25
    Am extremely excited about a crush Ive had for the past 6 months potentially turning into something wonderful
    Have strengthened my amazing circle of friends whom without I couldnt have gotten through the first point
    Went on a trip to a country I never thought I'd visit and absolutely fell in love with it, and can't wait to go back!

Posted from my "smart"phone. 'Scuse crazy typos

My brother is in Afghanistan now, I'm on pins and needles, I just want him home safe.....I want ALL the troops home safe.
    3c Hair
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Great year for me. I lost weight, went on a fabulous vacation and got another nephew.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    The year was pretty good for me.

My husband's deployment ended in the middle of Febuary.

I became pregnant in the middle of March.

We added our incredibly sweet Golden Retriever to our family in June.

I have watched my daughter grow and learn so much over the past year.

I just had our baby boy a little over 3 weeks ago.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file