Curlies I Need Your Ts/Ps/Whatever You Prefer... [update!]

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedPosts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
I am trying to stay outta the hospital. I apparently have acute pancreatitis and hoping to get my levels down w/o going into the hospital.
I joked w/ hubby that we've got the championship game to go to and I don't wanna be in the hospital and miss this once in a lifetime experience...lol
Funny thing is mom mentioned the game as well and even said, well, at least it's not outta state.
She is worried about me having a relapse.
So, am seriously keeping w/ the doc's current instructions/treatment plan.
Going back for blood work on 1/3 and will discuss my blood work from 12/29. Also hoping whatever the results/treatment are that they don't include going in the hospital b/c I can't eat for 3/4 days and as mom said, I'd rather not eat at home...sigh
In the past, folks went right into the hospital, tho thankfully that is not the protocol anymore.
The doc seems quite conservative, so we shall see.
tia
I heart y'all...
0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Comments

• KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ts and Ps for you, Wile. Don't miss that game!
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Hope you get to see the game, but do take care. I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh Wile, I was upset yesterday when I read in another thread that you had acute pancreatitis because I have heard it is so extremely painful.

You know I am in your corner and sending every kind of T&P. Please keep us posted as much as you can. I sure hope you are much better very soon and can eat again and enjoy yourself.

Sending warmest, affectionate good wishes :love6: and loads of T's & P's.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wile, you'll be in my thoughts and here is to a very quick recovery at home!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ts and Ps from me! I hope you get better soon.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You need to take care of you girl!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ts&Ps! Take it easy and get well soon!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey girl, get well soon! Don't be such a crazy football chick that you go to the game and get worse. I learned the hard way when I went to a Cardinals game after having complications from a surgery years ago and almost bled to death in a stadium bathroom. I caught hell for being such a football hard head! Hope you feel better quickly and Happy New Year!

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    omg, wile e!
    it sounds so serious.
    what were your symptoms that made you find out your condition? (and thank goodness you didn't ignore them!)
    you don't seem afraid. you have such an upbeat personality! it will certainly help you!
    i said a little prayer for you. (i'm not religious but if there is a god...)
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Wile, you better kick acute pancreatitis' butt to the curb!

Here's something to cheer you up: the doggies here love those dental stick thingys you sent :-)
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Take care of yourself Wile. No game is more important than your health!!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Take care of yourself Wile! (((Hugs)))

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wile, I didn't know you were sick. :sad:
    Take care of yourself...do whatever you need to do for that!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,155Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Sending positive thoughts your way. Take care.
    3b in South Australia.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Take care of yourself and I hope you can stay out of the hospital. Feel better soon.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sending you vibes. Feel better soon!!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh no! I hope you are feeling better today and can make your game! (((wile)))
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    You got it!

I'll be thinking of you.
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    WileGirl I didn't know you were sick. I've been out of the loop! Sending the best thoughts for you to get well soon. You must take care and do what the doctor says!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,709Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Hope you are feeling better soon, but if it's bad just go to the hospital!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Just saw this now....hope you're doing better lady!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wile, can we get an update on how you're feeling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    spring, sorry for the delay! I've been taking it super easy, which is very hard for me, but whatever it takes to stay away from the hospital. I'd be their worst patient...lol
    ty for the post and ty everyone for your curl power...I know it works!
    I am much, much better. I still hurt, but then Vicodin, which I never, ever thought I'd take, helps me greatly w/ my pain.
    I thought I had a high pain tolerance w/ my tooth. This stuff is extremely! painful. I waited 7 hrs to take an Aleve b/c that's all that usually helps my pain and just said I've gotta do something. I can't stand it...awful.
    All this happened at night and the next day I was in the ER. tg it was close to the house.
    I just pray that my levels go down and the bland diet really sucks, too...lol...but I know I gotta adhere to it to have any hope of this thing turning around.
    Will try to answer previous questions tonite.
    Looking for a place we can get out where I can eat something for my diet. It's not easy in Tejas! lol
    One good thing is I'm sure to lose some weight :brushteeth:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Keep taking it easy and watching your diet, you're doing good! Yeah, it will be hard to find bland food in TX!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    btw, CL, you askeered me yesterday, so all I drank last nite was this... :occasion9:
    MartinellisBottle.jpg
    0004.gif

curlypearl wrote: »
    Oh Wile, I was upset yesterday when I read in another thread that you had acute pancreatitis because I have heard it is so extremely painful.

You know I am in your corner and sending every kind of T&P. Please keep us posted as much as you can. I sure hope you are much better very soon and can eat again and enjoy yourself.

Sending warmest, affectionate good wishes :love6: and loads of T's & P's.
    CP...I couldn't believe the pain. It was fn awful. They gave me dilaudid and zofran. You talk about some potent stuff...stronger than morphine..oy
    asugirl wrote: »
    Hey girl, get well soon! Don't be such a crazy football chick that you go to the game and get worse. I learned the hard way when I went to a Cardinals game after having complications from a surgery years ago and almost bled to death in a stadium bathroom. I caught hell for being such a football hard head! Hope you feel better quickly and Happy New Year!
    lol @ crazy football chick :D
    Wow, girl, I'm glad you're okay! Yeah, I've been lying around A LOT lately and still haven't gotten into football overload...close, but no cigar :lol:
    frau wrote: »
    omg, wile e!
    it sounds so serious.
    what were your symptoms that made you find out your condition? (and thank goodness you didn't ignore them!)
    you don't seem afraid. you have such an upbeat personality! it will certainly help you!
    i said a little prayer for you. (i'm not religious but if there is a god...)
    It def can turn very serious, which is why I have to stay on my doc's orders.
    I first started feeling stomach pains in the epigastric area, then was nauseous, then was dry heaving, which really killed my stomach, then threw up bile...I think that's enough...lol
    I will always have my soh that's for sure, tho my patience right now is negative..oy
    I am thankful that I do have the background I do. I actually asked the doc what she thought it was. I told her what I thought and she said, yep, I think so, too... :cool:
    however, don't research this..lol

Thanks again y'all :love1:
    0004.gif

• asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey Wile, keep up the good work. If you are a good doobie now, then when playoffs start you will be good to go! I see your team lost today, but you are still in the playoffs. My team won, but because we had a slow start, our season ends today. But we won 7 of the last 8 to end 8/8, so I feel good. I have a really hard time not eating spicy food, so I really feel for you. But an investment now will pay off later! Take it easy!

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    Yikes...sorry to hear you are sick! Sending you love and good vibes....take care of yourself!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Wow, pancreatitis is no joke! I hope you can get it under control quickly.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am sorry to hear you are sick! Sending you hugs and best wishes for much strength and comfort as you deal with this....take care of yourself!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file