Roomba owners: question

curlypearlcurlypearl Curl ConnoisseurPosts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Would a roomba work in my living room? The problem is that I have furniture that has space underneath and the bottom of the furniture is curvy. Would the roomba get underneath and get stuck? I'm not sure I'm describing it well.

The furniture is french country. I have a settee and the roomba could fit under that and come out again but the other pieces have these curvy scroll-like bottom edges. So the roomba could fit under but I'm not sure it could find the way out again. Think snaky or worm-like edges. It's really very pretty - sounds awful. :D
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Curl Connoisseur Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    If it can get in, it'll figure out how to get out!

It has a rubber bumper like thing around the edge and it just keeps moving around till it finds a clear path.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks a lot, CC! I am going to consider getting one. They are more expensive than I expected, but it seems like a great invention. :hello2:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • missbanjomissbanjo Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What is the clearance height on the furniture? As CC said if it can get in it can get out but it'll drive you to distraction sometimes if it can't find just the spot to get out. :laughing1:

I think it's somewhere between 2.5-3" high and that's including the sensor on top at the front (gets caught on my kitchen cabinets all the time but gets out of it).
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks so much for responding, MissBanjo. In some places it is 5 inches, but in some less than 2. The problem is that it might go in at the 5 inch place but I'm not sure it would find the way out.

I'm thinking it's too expensive for me at this point anyway. I hadn't expected it to cost so much.

Well, I have a great vacuum (Miele) - so I'll probably just stick with that for the time being.

Thanks again for your input, CC & Banjo.
  • SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
  • The New BlackThe New Black Curl Connoisseur Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really want one.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Roomba kind of wiggles its way out of areas like that, it's smart that way. I don't find mine getting permanently stuck *under* things very often. Where it consistently gets stuck is on the sloped feet of some of the more modern furniture I have, the kind with layered wood that is curved. I have this one little IKEA table where the feet are like that, they are very streamlined, like little ramps, and the Roomba seems to get stuck on them quite readily. I usually put that little table up on the bed, and sure enough whenever I don't the Roomba gets stuck.

I highly recommend getting a Roomba if you can manage to afford one. It is my favorite gadget ever. I love setting it to clean up while I attend to other things, or simply take a break.
  • missbanjomissbanjo Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    BeckStar wrote: »
    Here is a review that might make it worth the while...

Kitten Rides the Roomba - YouTube

and

kittens riding vacuum - YouTube

OMG that second one! They were actually sleeping on it!
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
    Hmmm. Thanks for the comments! Wild~Hair I will definitely re-think this. The idea that something is cleaning while I am being lazy or doing something else is very tempting. BeckStar, I liked the video, although there were a lot of negative comments on it. The kittens didn't seem upset or unhappy. So cute!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Curl Connoisseur Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I love that I can turn mine on in the morning when I go to work and the floors are done when I get home!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file