Frizzy on one side!

curlyevcurlyev Posts: 246Registered Users
Okay, I part my long, thick 3a/3b hair on the right- parting it on the left looks all wrong. Anyway, the left side turns out great and there is always some frizz from about the middle down on the right side. Any ideas on how to combat this. Oh, and I do sleep on the side of my hair that frizzes. I have layers throughout my hair, and it's the bottom layer on that side that screws up. I hope that makes sense. lol. Sorry about the rambling!
-3A, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)
-Low poo (As needed): CVS Argan Oil Renewing Shampoo
-RO: GVP The Detangler
-Styling: LALSG
-PT: ION Effective Care (seldom)
*I have learned that sometimes less is more when it comes to my hair*
:love6:

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pineappling your hair at night so you aren't sleeping on and crushing your curls might help. Here is a link on how to do that: How to Pineapple Your Hair Sleeping on a satin pillowcase is a must for me so I'm not creating friction on my hair.
    I need to spritz my hair with water to revive the curls in the morning. A little extra gel where you frizz most might also help.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • curlyevcurlyev Posts: 246Registered Users
    I have to spritz my hair in the morning too. I am going to try pineappling and getting a satin pillowcase. Thank you so much. I hope this fixes it. Having one side that looks all frizzed out is so annoying. Last night I added extra conditioner to the ends of my hair, and that seemed to help a little.
    -3A, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)

• luvscurlzluvscurlz Posts: 109Registered Users
    I had this problem for a while and it turns out it was a terrible case of split ends and some damage on one side of my head. A good trim resolved the frizz in that part of my hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com
    Yeah, I just had mine cut, and it was to my waist. Now it's several inches below my shoulders. A previous stylist used a razor blade on the underneath part of my hair, and now that it's been cut and layered (by someone who knows how to cut curly hair), it is a little more noticeable, but just in that one area. Also, my hair is EXTREMELY curly underneath, and I think that causes frizz because it doesn't separate well, if that makes sense.

• luvscurlzluvscurlz Posts: 109Registered Users
    Sounds like it might have something to do with the previous stylist going razor happy on you. Have you tried piling on product on that area to control it until it grows out and you can cut off the razored ends? Maybe try treating that hair differently then the rest, using more product and not touching it till it's completely dry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com
    Last night when I used my deep conditioner, I put more than usual on that spot, and it seemed to help. I have tried putting more product, sometimes it works. The new stylist I have cut off everything she could without me losing my hair. In a couple of weeks I'll have another trim and hope it helps. I have a serum that helps, but it's left over from my cone days and really builds up, so I don't want to use it. I need to find a cone free serum I guess. I don't know of any.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file