Frizzy hair

NiqueNaturallyNiqueNaturally Posts: 55Registered Users
My hair is frizzy beyond belief what should I use. I've been strictly CG for a week Ahhhhhh lol. Any tips on frizz? ad032fcf-af46-9b94.jpg.

Comments

• jamaicacurljamaicacurl Posts: 130Registered Users
    I think your hair looks great! I don't see any frizz but maybe it's the shot. I have been having very good results with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Curl and Style Milk. I've noticed a significant decease in frizz.
    CG since 8/8/09
    Tried & True products:
    *Suave Tropical Coconut
    *Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    *GVP Conditioning Balm
    *Taliah Waajid Crinkles & Curls
    *Elasta QP Feels Like Silk gel
    *Coconut Oil
    *EVOO
    [/color]
    Check out my online store of handmade accessories: www.jcurlsthisnthat.etsy.com
    :flower:
  • NiqueNaturallyNiqueNaturally Posts: 55Registered Users
    I think your hair looks great! I don't see any frizz but maybe it's the shot. I have been having very good results with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Curl and Style Milk. I've noticed a significant decease in frizz.

Thnx hun!! :-D. Ima try thoughs
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i think your hair looks great too!! if i had that little fizz, id be in heaven! somthing i somtimes do is adda bit of oil to my palms rubb them together then put my hands through my hair which can help with the worst of it

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have really good luck with glycerin in products. I have fine, frizz prone hair and glycerin really does the trick for me. When I was first lurking here, I read where someone swore by KY jelly. I tried it and loved it. I since learned that it's the glycerin in KY that my hair was responding to. I'm no longer putting KY jelly in my hair but I use several other products with glycerin. My favorites are LOOB (L'Oreal Out of Bed), EcoStyler or home-made FSG with glycerin added.

Some curlies find glycerin to be drying, especially in the colder months when the dews are low. I've not had that problem. Just giving you a "heads up" that you may need a richer leave-in with it.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
    mhen76 wrote: »
    I have really good luck with glycerin in products. I have fine, frizz prone hair and glycerin really does the trick for me. When I was first lurking here, I read where someone swore by KY jelly. I tried it and loved it. I since learned that it's the glycerin in KY that my hair was responding to. I'm no longer putting KY jelly in my hair but I use several other products with glycerin. My favorites are LOOB (L'Oreal Out of Bed), EcoStyler or home-made FSG with glycerin added.

Some curlies find glycerin to be drying, especially in the colder months when the dews are low. I've not had that problem. Just giving you a "heads up" that you may need a richer leave-in with it.

Thank u so much sweetheart. I was cracking up wen I read ky jelly thinking if I read it wrong this was very informative I'm gonna try loob
    Fmasuhr wrote: »
    i think your hair looks great too!! if i had that little fizz, id be in heaven! somthing i somtimes do is adda bit of oil to my palms rubb them together then put my hands through my hair which can help with the worst of it

Thank u I put some and it helped some. But I got a Gerry curl look. Lol. Baybe I put to much :(. I hate this trial n error faze

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file