CurlTalk

Annoying bangs

ogmothogmoth Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi there.

I just joined today and I'm almost positive I am a 3c so I won't post one of those threads. Instead I am wondering what to do with my bangs.

I didn't particularly want bangs. I had a baby in September '10 and a few months after he was born I started to lose a lot of hair, especially in the front. When the hair started to grow back I had short pieces in the front that I held back with a headband. Then they got too long for that and now they require three little clips to hold them back. The clips are beginning to do a less than stellar job at this. If I wear the bangs down they just get puffy and look awful. I;m not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Also, since I'm sure someone will suggest a specific product- I do not use any products in my hair. I'm very sensitive to chemicals and I have not found a hair product that does not give me a migraine. This includes shampoo and conditioner(I do no-poo). So please don't suggest any hair products. :neutral:

Thanks

Comments

• jcfrizzlejcfrizzle Posts: 90Registered Users
    I have bangs that hang straight across my forehead at my eyebrows(not in my profile pic, I really should update that). I like to finger twirl my bangs into 4 or 5 big curls, let them dry and separate if needed. This helps with controlling volume and frizziness. Then i use a bobby pin(if I want them to go to the side), and at the hair line of the bangs, I just kind of pin it going one direction and keeping close to my scalp and under the curls(hard to explain). It pushes the curls away and makes it look like i have side swept bangs. Hope this may help!
    Love my auburn 3b/3c curls!! Favorite products are Treseme Naturals conditioner and DevaCare ArcAngel(<---miracle for definition!) I really just want to GROW MY HAIR OUT!! It's not really working...
  • y0shiy0shi Posts: 55Registered Users
    i've been growing my bangs out so i feel your pain. i usually do a little french braid to the side with them!
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users
    Try finger curling.

Poor you re the migraines. That's terrible.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)